Talk

Advanced search

Help needed- Ideas for autistic 8 year old boy- quite likes minecraft

(13 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Fri 21-Nov-14 10:32:29

I really don't know what to do!

He's autistic and has very little interests apart from

Board games- but we do have quite a variety already
Minecraft- has this on xbox and 4x books (and a t-shirt)
Football- esp Man U
Cuddly toys

I have got some books- Tom Gates and the game Perudo but that's it. Any other ideas?

Rumours Fri 21-Nov-14 10:38:29

Hi both my dc's have autism and lego is a favourite in our house.

I have seen some minecraft toys for sale, cuddly ones too.

My oldest I have got lego and books about his favourite subject, and my youngest is getting lots of lego. I decided this year to just stick to what they like instead of bulking out their presents with crap they don't like or aren't bothered about. fsmile

iseenodust Fri 21-Nov-14 10:47:45

The game Rush Hour - is for one player.
Rubiks cube seems to be back in fashion with DS & friends.
M&S do football team dressing gowns - DS has the Man City one & loves it.
I've bought DS (not autistic) the fibre optic ice lamp from Red5 (less than £10) or your DS might like the Stax blox lights ?

Ohmygrood Fri 21-Nov-14 10:49:44

minecraft lego, minecraft sword, minecraft light - all on amazon

AnimalsAreMyFriends Fri 21-Nov-14 10:51:34

I have an 8 year old ds who has autism.

I have been looking at Minecraft Lego sets - there are some really good prices on Amazon at the moment.

coppertop Fri 21-Nov-14 10:58:44

We have a cuddly Creeper and a small cuddly Slenderman. The creeper was this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Creeper-Plush-Toy-Sound/dp/B00B13THKY/ref=sr_1_5?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1416567346&sr=1-5&keywords=minecraft+creeper

LittleMissGreen Fri 21-Nov-14 11:25:00

I know zilch about minecraft but noticed there were lots of toys for it including cuddly ones at the entertainer the other day.
My DS (also aged 8 with ASD) really likes hexbugs.

Norfolkandchance1234 Fri 21-Nov-14 11:28:43

In toys r us they have minecraft Lego, minecraft soft toys, minecraft stuff to make out of paper and probably some other things I haven't seen.
Also in BHS they have minecraft hoodies and tops with minecraft logo.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Fri 21-Nov-14 11:31:48

I think the minecraft plastic toys are rubbish and overpriced. DS9 (also with ASD) got some for his birthday and they've been ignored...

Have you got the minecraft books? I think they're in a box set now, and there should be an annual. Also DS is desperate for a creeper hat. The lego looks good too.

TurboTheChicken Fri 21-Nov-14 11:39:21

The Minecraft paper sets are good, expensive but I have occasionally seen them in discount stores.

There is a thread with loads of ideas for Minecrafters in the Christmas topic somewhere.

profpoopsnagle Fri 21-Nov-14 12:23:07

Thanks some great ideas here. I like the look of the minecraft paper- DS got those toys too Lonny and they have been unplayed with but the paper set would complement them well. The lego also a good idea, will look to see what set is recommended as a starter kit.

He got hexbugs last year and they were a hit, but he's not played with them recently.

We have both rush hour and a rubiks cube smile and I've ordered Man U pj's for Xmas Eve.

I was also going for a 'pocket simon' which I think he and the girls would like.

Thanks again flowers

marne2 Fri 21-Nov-14 13:14:08

My dd is 8 with ASD and would like the minecraft paper craft, Asda have 2 large cuddly dinosaurs for £14 ( they are huge, I have bought them for dd ), dd likes making minecraft and other things with Hama beads ( using a square board and youtube for instructions ), I have also got her a light up cushion from argos.

ihearttc Fri 21-Nov-14 15:32:12

Ive ordered my Minecraft loving DS1 (he is 9) a cuddly Enderdragon. I know nothing about Minecraft but apparently its really cool (and very hard to get hold of-its coming from China).

Not sure if that helps at all?

There is also a huge new Minecraft book coming out 1st December called Blockopedia.

Can you tell Ive been hunting for minecraft stuff for christmas presents!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now