Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for 2y.o costing about £10

(12 Posts)
Equimum Thu 20-Nov-14 22:33:42

I'm hoping some of you lovely people might have a few ideas for me. DS turns two the week after Christmas and we are living abroad until February. Several relatives have said they will keep his main presents until we get home, but that they will send us the equivalent to about £10. As a result, I now need to think of about 6 presents in that price range.

So, could anyone please share some ideas, as I want to buy useful toys and not just waste it all on small, silly things that never really get used. (We already have too many vehicles BTW!!!).

TIA

ShadowKat Thu 20-Nov-14 22:49:34

Art materials - crayons, paper, pens etc.

Books - there's a wide variety suitable for 2 yr olds

I think there's a couple of the smaller duplo sets available for under £10

Notname Thu 20-Nov-14 23:39:55

I bought a set of Julia Donaldson audio books (on CD) for about that price for a friend's DD from the book people. It was v good value and I know they're lovely as have a few ourselves, good for in the car.

GinIsCalling Fri 21-Nov-14 03:15:00

fire engine that makes noise - this was my then two-year-old son's best present last year (and normally he prefers airplanes).

www.amazon.co.uk/Tonka-Town-Fire-Engine-Toy/dp/B00CEWUJOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416539587&sr=8-1&keywords=tonka+fire+engine

TwentyTinyToes Fri 21-Nov-14 03:18:30

Books
Sticker books
Craft stuff
Simple puzzles
Slippers
Socks
Etch a sketch type toy
Bath toy

SavoyCabbage Fri 21-Nov-14 03:57:02

Brio dog.
Best present ever!

MaMaPo Fri 21-Nov-14 04:58:24

TBH I'm finding it hard to find great gifts for my 2yo (birthday in early December) which cost much more than that. She's getting an easel (cheap from Ikea) and plenty of craft stuff, loads of books, and maybe a bag. I already have some blocks and things I had bought for her ages ago too.

Kinetic sand is supposed to be fab, and is just over £10.

BikeRunSki Fri 21-Nov-14 05:04:20

Playdoh

Equimum Fri 21-Nov-14 17:21:57

Thanks for your suggestions. Have found a couple of small Duplo sets that for the bill, and am looking at some M &D puzzles. Might also get some new playdoh and a book or two.

Leeds2 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:36:01

Jigsaws.

Playfood, or kitchen equipment, such as a tea set.

blacktreaclecat Fri 21-Nov-14 20:44:15

Ukelele

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Fri 21-Nov-14 21:41:02

Don't forget bubbles! Everyone loves bubbles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now