Talk

Advanced search

Amazon Black Friday is it any good?

(10 Posts)
FarOverTheRainbow Thu 20-Nov-14 08:48:20

I saw a little on there last year but I was in a difficult situation at the time and can't really remember much, I was just wondering what type of stuff is usually on there and if it's worth looking at?

Tia x

MsAspreyDiamonds Thu 20-Nov-14 09:14:14

I think the big ticket items like electricals & white goods are heavily discounted. I need a new washing machine so will be watching out for one.
Asda also participates in Black Friday as it's owned by the US company
Walmart. Quite a few companies are now joining in the black Friday idea in order to maximise sales before Christmas so its worth looking out for offers.

RedToothBrush Thu 20-Nov-14 09:23:06

The intu Trafford Centre are doing a big promo for it this year and have tried to get as many of their retailers involved as possible.

list of deals and participating stores here

intu look like they are doing similar at their other shopping centres too.

So I think Black Friday really does seem set to be a thing over here. Its definitely worth checking out more than just Amazon this year.

Mum2Pea Thu 20-Nov-14 09:26:18

I got some really good bargains last year

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BMKL5WY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
for £25

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1444907956?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
for £25

and
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VVCBWG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
for £17

worth checking that it is a bargain before buying though

FarOverTheRainbow Thu 20-Nov-14 10:09:31

Thank you everyone thanks

Now you've mentioned asda I'm sure I remember my local asda doing it last year and they sold out of all the TVs they included in it in a ridiculous amount of time. I'll be on huge look out tomorrow then thank you x

Petallic Thu 20-Nov-14 12:37:27

I think Black Friday is 28th - amazon have just started advertising for it already. They have a week of offers that start on Monday

marne2 Thu 20-Nov-14 12:47:15

It's not as good as it used to be ( not such big bargains ), it's a bit hit and miss, I find myself buying things I never knew I needed. Be careful as some items are out up in price just before they go on sale to make it look like a good bargain, always check what items are selling for elsewhere before buying.

A lot of the big shops and supermarkets have started doing quite good Black Friday deals too, apparently John Lewis, Sainsburys and Asda will have a few good deals this year so keep an eye out for those.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 20-Nov-14 12:49:23

It's like a sale in any shop really. Some good bargains that get snapped up quickly plus a load of crap they just need to get rid of. I've had a couple of decent things.

ouryve Thu 20-Nov-14 12:50:04

Amazon do it all year round, now, but do have some good deals on in that week. By the Friday itself, it's all the crap jewellery that no one wanted to buy, though. The best deals seem to be earlier in the week.

Petallic Thu 20-Nov-14 12:53:05

Camelcamelcamel is a good website for checking the price history of amazon items - will show 12 month of price history if you copy and paste the item link. So can check if you are getting a proper bargain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now