Talk

Advanced search

gifts for coaches / beaver leaders / committee members

(4 Posts)
kiwidreamer Wed 19-Nov-14 22:16:02

Ive tallied up the fab volunteers in our lives at the moment, 4 coaches, 4 beaver leaders, 8 committee members (I chair the committee)... oh and 3 teachers, plus general pre school staff. Phew.

For the coaches and beaver leaders I was thinking of a packet of Walkers shortbread and a small packet of Thornton's toffees in a festive bag and a card from DS.

Am I on the right track, I don't want to go overboard but id like to say thanks - probably cos I volunteer also and its nice to be acknowledged every now and again but I also don't want to spend hours and hours in the kitchen either!

makemineapinot Wed 19-Nov-14 22:37:12

For coaches/volunteers last year I gave a wine bag with a tube of Pringles and 2bottles of lager (from a multipack on special offer) in it. They were all men who I knew drank lager. Teachers/TAs I gave wine (knew the specific kind to buy) - except for the exceptionally crap teacher ds was 'blessed' with who has been infamously crap and waiting for retirement since 1982... She got sod all as she gets paid to do a job she isn't doing!

SugarplumKate Wed 19-Nov-14 22:48:15

I will give chocolates to beaver leaders, brownie and guide leaders I think, mixture of wine and chocolates to scouts and explorer leaders. I bought chocolates on an m and s offer for my volunteers at work (I run a class for eldery, I people and rely on my volunteers), chocolates for the lollipop man too! Writing that down sounds like a lot of chocolate but I think it is so important to thank volunteers - if I couldn't afford a small gift, I would ensure my child wrote a personal message of thanks in a card.

scrappydappydoo Thu 20-Nov-14 07:33:26

A nice Christmas tree decoration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now