Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone any experience with Gears Gears Gears stuff?

(7 Posts)
schmeegle Wed 19-Nov-14 20:29:15

I'm looking at this for my 3 yo. I love the idea of it and I guess I'm wondering if it's all is cracked up to be?

Secretly I want to get magnatiles..... but £1 a tile is just too rich for my blood!

Hurricaneinateacup Wed 19-Nov-14 20:36:47

They are good though!

Yoruba Wed 19-Nov-14 20:55:24

I don't have gears gears gears... But I've looked at it for the dc and I think magnatiles would be better. Sorry!,

schmeegle Wed 19-Nov-14 21:26:05

Oh dear.

I was hoping this thread would fill up with glowing reviews of gears gears gears and I could finally put the magnatile debate to bed.

Would anyone chance the knock off versions of magnatiles? picasso, playmags etc?

LittleMissGreen Wed 19-Nov-14 22:41:59

DS2 loves Gears Gears Gears, DS1 and 3 look at him like hmm. But he has always been fascinated by them. We had the monkey set first, was a bit confusing to get the hang of building it from the instructions to start with, but when you have done it once you wonder how you ever found it hard. DS was also happy making his own ideas (like lego - you can build the kit, or how you want it). Then we got the Wacky Wiggler set, prob a bit old for a 3year old as that involves motors to make moving robots but even DS3 started getting a bit excited by that one - flashy lights and things.

LittleMissGreen Wed 19-Nov-14 22:43:24

Should say I think we bought the first kit when DS2 would have been around 4, but he had used it before at a National Trust house (hence I found out he loved it).

schmeegle Thu 20-Nov-14 08:49:24

Thanks LittleMissGreen that monkey set looks very cute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now