Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about Christmas Eve hampers

(15 Posts)
tutusandtequila Wed 19-Nov-14 18:21:14

The Elf on the shelf is going to bring a hamper for DD who is 8 on xmas eve. Any ideas what to put in it? I thought about doing a theme like frozen? Ive thought of pjs and maybe a dress for xmas day. What do you put in yours?

Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 18:26:35

I did

Onsie from primark - they've got a MASSIVE frozen thing on too now

Xmas film - basically my fave

A bauble to put on the tree

Hot choc, whippy cream n marshmallows

Cookies and we iced them

That's it

For you, how about an ice crusher? You could have Frozen mocktails then (urs with vodka!) this was cheap on iwantoneofthose.com

Squtternutbaush Wed 19-Nov-14 18:26:42

I don't do a big fancy hamper from the elves or anything like that, I just let mine open a christmas eve gift that contains a bathbomb, new PJs, hot chocolate/marshmallows and a Christmas story.

marne2 Wed 19-Nov-14 18:27:59

We are doing christmas pj's, bath bomb and hot choc ( choc on a stick ),

Squtternutbaush Wed 19-Nov-14 19:36:06

Marne are the choc sticks/stirrers better than powdered stuff?

Sootgremlin Wed 19-Nov-14 19:40:32

Did it for the first time last year with ds 2 and a half and we did

Christmas film
Hot chocolate
Home made mince pies (one for Father Christmas)
Carrot for Rudolf
Bottle of beer for FC
Reindeer food (oats and glitter) to sprinkle in the garden
Key for FC (didn't have a chimney)
The Night Before Christmas book
Tea light to put outside the back door so the reindeer can find their way.

This year will be similar, for 2 dc now, with addition of new pjs for each as they are needed, and might stick some bubble bath in there.

Namechange321 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:50:31

Our Christmas eve hamper will contain;

Father Christmas key
The night before Christmas book
Beauty and the beast enchanted Christmas DVD ( I always put in a christmas film they haven't seen it)
Hot choc stirrers (first time we have used them) in a new cup with mini marshmallows and 'snowman soup' poem tied to it.
Magic flannels (can't put in bath bombs because of ezcema)
New PJ's (frozen ones)
New slippers (hopefully frozen ones if I can get them)
And a Christmas sweet ... probably Father Christmas kinder eggs.

marne2 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:55:32

I'm not sure what the chocolate sticks are like, have never tried them, I might add a pack of mini marshmallows to make it a bit more exciting.

chloejaynemummy Wed 19-Nov-14 19:57:21

First year I'm doing it we have

Pj's from primark
Christmas colouring book
Santa's key
Frozen chocolate bars
A frozen glow in the dark wand
Night before Xmas book
And I'm thinking reindeer food as well and a note from the elf who will get here on the 1st December!

We got some cool carpet freshner which comes with santa boots stencils which we are going to sprinkle on the carpet towards the Christmas tree so it looks like his walked in! Xx

QueenYnci Wed 19-Nov-14 20:05:20

This year DS's will be:

PJs (Frozen ones)
Slippers (Mickey Mouse Stompeez)
Cuddly toys (Frozen again - Olaf and Sven plushes)
DVD (Mickey Mouse Christmas and maybe 101 Dalmations if I can resist giving it to him early)
Book
Dinner and cutlery set

Need to get - hot chocolate, marshmallows, squirty cream, chocolates of some kind and a new decoration for the tree.

It's all going in a storage seat/box thing instead of a hamper this year.

Squtternutbaush Wed 19-Nov-14 20:08:04

Namechange if you wanted to try bath bombs, we have very sensitive skin and eczema here but the Lush Ickle Baby Not and Butterball bathbombs are amazing!

Although our skin tends to be SLS sensitive and these don't contain so I guess it could depend on triggers

creampie Wed 19-Nov-14 20:11:31

We do similar but we also have the Father Christmas name plate for the mince pies and some magic reindeer food too

tutusandtequila Wed 19-Nov-14 23:34:50

Wow loads of great ideas. Thank you smile

1122christy Sun 23-Nov-14 17:41:55

We do it slightly different as in its not a Xmas eve box but a 1st of dec sack. Our elf brings them each a small felt Xmas sack with
Cosy Xmas pjs
Cosy Xmas socks
Xmas mug
Advent calendars
Make your own Xmas foam tree
Xmas colouring pad & pens
Xmas dvd

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sun 23-Nov-14 17:56:15

I am planing on new pjs, night before Christmas, hot choc, tub of chocs, microwave teddy each. Not doing it as a hamper as such and I bought a bath bomb but its one to break up and use several times from lush and they are currently sat in a bath if it already.... May need another by Christmas Eve!! Was going to include a baking set to make cookies for Santa but we are now baking in the morning but might be a nice idea??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now