Talk

Advanced search

"I want a silver Spencer potty and Spencer Slippers"

(10 Posts)
MissMysticFalls Wed 19-Nov-14 16:49:20

DS (3) is obsessed with Spencer (the arrogant train in Thomas) and his answer to any question about what type of anything he wants is nearly always Spencer.

He has a Spencer train for his wooden railway but I can't find anything else to buy him that has Spencer on it. Have you seen anything? I can't even find sew-on patches or stickers to customise other things to be Spenceresque. Thanks.

PS I hate Spencer...

capsium Wed 19-Nov-14 16:53:51

Could you photograph the image / scan in and print an image and glue on to items and then cover in sticky back plastic?

Laminate an image for your own place mats?

Trace / draw an image to get commercially put on T-shirts / mugs etc.

MissMysticFalls Wed 19-Nov-14 17:02:15

Good thinking capsicum I don't have a laminator or a colour printer but think I can get my hands on some images and some sticky back plastic and cobble something together that way. Thanks.

capsium Wed 19-Nov-14 17:40:34

No worries. smile

GerbilsAteMyCat Wed 19-Nov-14 19:15:14

You can get Spencer jigsaws in Thonas sets. Why about snapfish or similar and get photos of Spencer put on mugs and posters of Spencer?

PoppyWearer Wed 19-Nov-14 19:17:35

Good luck, can't say I've seen anything Spencery.

Have you seen the latest Thomas comic has Spencer as a free gift BTW?

MissMysticFalls Wed 19-Nov-14 20:28:24

Good idea Gerbils I'll look out for jigsaws.
Yes Poppy - we got it this week he was delighted! Lots of source material for photographing and using to make Spencer stuff. Christmas is saved smile

jThompson Wed 19-Nov-14 21:36:25

If you have an inkjet printer you can buy t shirt transfer paper to print your own image. Has saved the day more than once when mine have taken to an obscure character.

Lovelydiscusfish Wed 19-Nov-14 22:06:45

You probably already know this, but there is a book called "Spencer" (one of a vast series of books each named after a different one of the 650000 characters), and also one entitled "Gordon and Spencer".
Other than that, it seems you can get models of Spencer rendered in a wide range of resistant materials. But not a lot of dedicated Spencer merchandise other than that, tragically!

Ladymoods Wed 19-Nov-14 22:13:51

I have similar issues with Oliver, my son loves him and has asked for an Oliver dressing up outfit. Great...

Some good ideas here though, may steal a couple!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now