Talk

Advanced search

What are you cooking on Christmas Eve and pre/ post Christmas meals?

(13 Posts)
balineselantern Wed 19-Nov-14 13:09:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 19-Nov-14 17:46:18

I do a big pot of stew on Christmas Eve. I have teens who are in and out and off to the pub and back from the pub and who are wrapping pressies and then delivering and then back and... ad infinitum. So, two loaves of freshly made bread, pot of stew, help yourself!
Christmas Day is croissants, jam, fresh rolls. Then tapas (all sorts of english and spanish nibbles/vol au vents/other pastries etc.) goes on the table at ten. It's removed at three and Christmas Dinner goes on the table at seven.
Boxing day is gammon with mash, pickles and salad.

SouthernOne Wed 19-Nov-14 18:17:12

christmas eve is salmon and salad, cheese board

christmas day thorntons choc for breakfast, traditional lunch and a sandwich in the evening if required

boxing day, full english for breakfast, turkey chips and pickled onions for dinnersmile

MegBusset Wed 19-Nov-14 18:20:19

Christmas Eve we get a takeaway curry.

Christmas Day we have a veggie version of a roast, not too much of a big deal as there are just the four of us and we usually stuff ourselves with chocolate and cake

Boxing Day we have been known to order another coffee <blush>

MegBusset Wed 19-Nov-14 18:20:39

Coffee? Curry!!

MrsPiddlewink Wed 19-Nov-14 18:23:47

Xmas Eve - Ham egg and chips
Xmas Day - Traditional Turkey
Boxing Day - Cold Ham and Turkey with buffet food

We have rellies over on Boxing Day for food and just us to feed on Xmas day.

MrsLindor Wed 19-Nov-14 18:24:54

Christmas eve will be a fancy buffet with an emphasis on seafood and cheese.

Christmas day breakfast, we're making cinnamon rolls this week to freeze and bake on the day.

Christmas day lunch - Broccoli and stilton soup, nice bread and buffet leftovers.

Christmas dinner. The usual.

Boxing day, not decided yet not sure if we're in or out.

Janethegirl Wed 19-Nov-14 18:25:39

Christmas Day breakfast is always smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, strawberries, croissants and toast washed down with champagne smile

Donthackmenow Wed 19-Nov-14 21:18:52

Christmas Eve we are out for lunch with friends so tea will be sandwiches and popcorn whilst watching a film.
Christmas Day breakfast is pain au chocolat, lunch Christmas tree shaped mini pizzas and choclate, dinner will be the full shebang.
Boxing Day- bacon sandwiches for breakfast, turkey curry for lunch and leftover soup for dinner.
27th- pancakes for breakfast, birthday lunch for ds - probably buffet food, I'm not sure we will have room for tea but if we do it will just be sandwich/omelette/cheese on toast type meal.

Lucylouby Wed 19-Nov-14 23:20:14

Christmas Eve a takeaway Chinese. Breakfast is normally brioche, croissants,toasted tea cakes, crumpets, that kind of thing. Something simple to do, but different to normal. Then on Boxing Day I do a joint of beef, chips And peas for the extended family(about 16 of us).

MyVegasBaby Sun 23-Nov-14 08:24:15

I have family staying so 10 on Xmas Eve and Boxing Day and 12 on Xmas day.
Xmas Eve: lasagne, salad and garlic bread and carbonara for those that don't eat lasagne. ( I have struggled to find one dish that everyone will eat!).
Xmas day: simple stuff left out for help yourself breakfast. Traditional dinner and cold buffet tea.
Boxing Day: left put breakfast, sandwiches/soup for lunch and ham, egg and chips for dinner.

FoonaLagoonaBaboona Sun 23-Nov-14 10:59:08

Christmas Eve is Danish christmas ..Duck,red cabbage baby potatoes
Christmas day brekkie..smoked salmon croissants rolls
traditional christmas dinner
Boxing day..leftovers!

poolomoomon Sun 23-Nov-14 11:07:17

Not cooking on Christmas Eve, no chance! Christmas Eve is hectic enough without adding cooking to the mix grin. I make the Christmas Day desserts and a few other things to save me doing it on Christmas Day plus we have all of our traditions, it's a crazy day!

We have a naice buffet. Crackers, breadsticks, quiche, cheeseboard, Quorn, hummus selection, falafel, kettle chips, cheese bites, vegan sausage rolls etc. We do have paella for lunch, that's the only cooking you'll get out of me on Christmas Eve!

Boxing Day is leftovers and pizza for dinner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now