Talk

Advanced search

How could I decorate my front garden?

(7 Posts)
xalyssx Tue 18-Nov-14 21:56:58

This is the first year that I've lived in a house with a front garden, and I'd love to decorate it! I have no idea how this would work though, are things battery powered or mains? If they're mains what do I do? What sort of decorations look good?

Deedeecupcake Tue 18-Nov-14 21:59:26

You can get those outside sockets can't you?

whitechocolatestars Tue 18-Nov-14 22:01:44

You can get LED strips with battery packs, I usually use those outside across plants, they look pretty.

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 18-Nov-14 22:02:25

I came on to suggest a merkin fashioned from holly grin

DeeCayed Tue 18-Nov-14 22:06:09

You can get solar lights, they also take a battery. I have some along the back fence all year round and I love seeing them.

There are some lovely outdoor decorations, have a look in the Argos catalogue, sadly I fear they'd be nicked from my garden!

BeaLola Wed 19-Nov-14 00:21:08

I have battery powered lights around tree on either side of front door. I also have some solar light sticks nought from Wilkos along front pathway and a festive wreath on door.

poolomoomon Wed 19-Nov-14 09:40:11

definitely go with the outdoor battery lights and not solar. We bought solar lights last year and wrapped them around our Christmas looking tree in the front yard, they worked for the first two nights of December and then didn't work again after that. There's not much sunlight in December! Way too cloudy. I've bought the LED outdoor lights with batteries to wrap around my topiary trees and wreath this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now