Talk

Advanced search

Nice Christmas wrapping paper...where?

(21 Posts)
tessiegirl Tue 18-Nov-14 20:13:01

Does anyone know where I can get some nice designed wrapping paper?

I have looked at M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, BHS, Paperchase, WHSmith and nothing is standing out!!!!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Tue 18-Nov-14 20:14:00

nothing is standing out this year...sorry!

MummyPig24 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:18:57

I just got 4 rolls from Aldi, £3.49 and it's lovely red, gold, white designs. Plus two obnoxious Disney rolls for the kids.

wtftodo Tue 18-Nov-14 21:06:20

I got some from Ikea - lots of white/silver or white/gold geometric patterns, or metallic graphic animal or nutcracker prints, etc

pebblestack Tue 18-Nov-14 21:08:22

I second Ikea. I get mine there every year.

ygritte Tue 18-Nov-14 21:53:09

My mum always likes my Waitrose paper but I prefer Ikea.

Timeforabiscuit Tue 18-Nov-14 21:54:35

I like the look of the aldi and IKEA stuff but its got to feel right

PacificDogwood Tue 18-Nov-14 21:54:55

Brown packing paper + gold/silver paint + star shaped potato stamps + small people = huge mess lovely wrapping paper grin

Great for family gifts, all the grandparents are so awed by the paper, they are less bothered about the actual gift...

fuzzpig Tue 18-Nov-14 22:00:07

I only got into the habit when DH worked for them (ie staff discount) but even now he doesn't, I still use Boots.

Awks Tue 18-Nov-14 22:06:41

Ikea! Brown wrap with retro type Swedish Santa print. It looks lovely with bakers twine and ordinary brown luggage tags stamped with Christmas design . Here is is www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90278197/

Getyourflipflopson Tue 18-Nov-14 22:13:12

Phoenix trading have some lovely prints- good quality aswell.

petalpower Tue 18-Nov-14 22:16:49

I am very picky and have had real trouble with wrapping paper this year. I like the brown paper type look - Waitrose had some lovely paper and Wilko had nice brown luggage tags with stamped out snowflakes. The ribbon was nice at Wilko too this year.

ArthurChristmas Tue 18-Nov-14 22:37:54

I am also picky, I have bought some so far from M&S. However, it has M&S emblazoned on the inside. So, does anyone know where I can get nice Santa paper from? Santa always delivers with paper with Santa on.........and my DD spotted shop branding a few years ago!!

petalpower Tue 18-Nov-14 22:56:56

Santa always used very cheap value wrapping paper in our house!

LBOCS Wed 19-Nov-14 01:57:06

I did brown parcel paper with lovely ribbon on it a few years ago, it was really effective.

This year I'm going with Ikea golds, and glitter letter stickers instead of tags.

RoundRobinSparkles Wed 19-Nov-14 07:12:15

I haven't bought any yet for this year. Last year I got some plain red paper from Ikea. It's really thick, good quality paper and you get loads on a roll! I only bought a couple of rolls last year and I still have quite a bit left.

icklekid Wed 19-Nov-14 07:13:55

I got some I love from next this year and last!

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Wed 19-Nov-14 10:36:49

m&s had some lovely wrapping paper in yesterday, I spotted it on my way out by the door, but I couldn't be bothered to go back and queue. Waitrose this morning had some lovely kids woodland friends wrapping paper and tags and also some of the brown paper type with white patterns on.

for the dc gifts I have brought a huge roll from Costco, its double sided so no branding, it is really long and I reckon can do all three dc's gifts with the one roll.

StrangeGlue Wed 19-Nov-14 10:56:31

I really like the wilko selection this year - geometric stags and baubles were my picks - but I haven't got it out to feel it yet. Also v much like their complementary ribbon and bows and nice stick on lables.

phoolani Wed 19-Nov-14 10:58:46

Always waitrose, but them I'm less bothered by the design and more in love with the fact it has cutting guide lines on the back.

Coffeeinapapercup Wed 19-Nov-14 11:09:46

Aldi for the guidelines on the back.

Otherwise I got some awesome paper from poundland for this year blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now