Talk

Advanced search

best presents from last year

(11 Posts)
superbagpuss Tue 18-Nov-14 18:21:25

best present you got and the toys that your DC loved the best and their age

DT boy 1 (4) lightening McQueen remote controlled car, shame that it eats batteries

DT boy 2 (4) the green octonaunt vehicle - still being played with in and out of the bath

they received a hudl each as well which are still being played with a lot

me : a desk calendar for work with pictures each month of the DC

attheendoftheday Tue 18-Nov-14 18:29:41

The trampoline dm got for us all to share is probably the most used (although putting it up on xmas eve in the snow has become a family legend).

Excluding that, mine would be a hand forged fire bowl from dp.

Dd1 (then 2.6) was her wooden pirate ship.

Dd2 (then nearly 1) was her plastic farm animals.

DaffodilField Tue 18-Nov-14 19:20:43

Great idea for a thread.

My best present was - wow, do you know I can't remember what I got blush in my defence I am v sleep deprived.

Dd's best present was a toy fairy. Just a schleich figure - an elf in fact. But the week before Xmas she declared all she wanted was a fairy and the good people on amazon suggested one of these and she still cherishes it. She was 3.

Ds loved his fisher price garage. It has had daily use. He was 1.

From my perspective I was thrilled at the lovely warm sherpa cardi from M&S that ds was born. Has had huge amounts of wear

SouthernOne Tue 18-Nov-14 19:26:39

www.amazon.co.uk/TELESCOPIC-STYLE-BACK-SCRATCHER-WITH/dp/B00512GJOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416338670&sr=8-1&keywords=telescopic+back+scratcher

My husband's best present from last yearsmile

queenofthepirates Tue 18-Nov-14 19:43:52

Memory Mat 16 from Toyella https://www.toyella.com/toys/kid-o/memory-match-16
There is hardly a day when the 3yo doesn't want to play it morning and night.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Tue 18-Nov-14 19:49:21

For DS his best presents were definitely lego and doctor who figures. They get played with loads. And despite the significant pile of presents I remember being put under the tree, I can remember what else he got! blush

Lilicat1013 Tue 18-Nov-14 19:50:33

My elder son, age three last Christmas: He loved his Leappad, his face lit up when he opened it even though I don't think he knew entirely what it was. Also his Leapfrog Count and Scan Shopper, it was a discontinued toy and I paid way to much to get it from American eBay but he loves it so much.

My younger son aged nearly one last Christmas: Loved his Mickey Mouse bath figures, they have never been near a bath but he loves to carry them round with him. His Toot Toot cars were a big hit as was his wave drum.

xalyssx Tue 18-Nov-14 21:51:30

DS then almost 2 had a playmobil 123 house and he plays with it almost every day.

fuzzpig Tue 18-Nov-14 22:07:46

Lego - they already had some from the previous Xmas but the main thing I did was get a box each of wheels, doors/windows and roof tiles. They've added so much play value to what they already had. Unfortunately I think those sets have now been 'retired'

Monsters university top trumps. Looks like top trumps will become a regular stocking filler - I've got a set for each of them on eBay this year.

Playmobil pool (would be played with much more if our house wasn't such a tip blush

fuzzpig Tue 18-Nov-14 22:11:32

Oh and a friend got DD an amazing Wentworth puzzle of a Van Gogh painting. It is gorgeous. I've got one from a place we visited this year which I'm hoping we can all do on Xmas eve.

Sukebind Tue 18-Nov-14 23:49:00

Sylvanian families stuff has been played with all year. My dd2 loved her Cinderella DVD and has watched that throughout. Stuff from the year before that which are still played with loads are dressing up outfits & vintage Polly pockets from eBay. From the year before that hobby horses have endured as they get pulled into loads of games. They also play with their vintage My Little Ponies from the same year. Puzzles and books always have a very long life span here, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now