Talk

Advanced search

Fun/inventive way to give money?

(18 Posts)
Whereisegg Mon 17-Nov-14 19:52:46

Dd is 11 and after a chat where ideas were thrown around by myself and dh for her main present, she has opted for a trip to a big shopping centre.
She had the option to go before Christmas and the stuff wrapped and given on the day, or cash and go afterwards.
She opted for after as "I can loads more in the sales mum" grin

She will still have a stocking and bits under the tree, but just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how to wrap money?

WiggleGinger Mon 17-Nov-14 19:55:57

Put the notes in a balloon (am thinking one of those punch ball balloons as they are quite large so fill a box nicely)
Add some confetti ( the foil stuff)
Blow it up
Add string
Put it in a fancy box with lid
Wrap it
Add a big bow!
Beautiful

PiggyPlumPie Mon 17-Nov-14 19:56:58

For DS birthday we put notes in balloons and party poppers. Ot went down rather well!

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Mon 17-Nov-14 20:21:17

Pinterest is your friend! There are tons of ideas- I quite like the idea of them being in a chocolates/biscuits box all folded to fit into the different compartments, or origami- there are some pretty cool ones on Pinterest!

notnowImreading Mon 17-Nov-14 20:24:42

You can get baubles in hobbycraft that you can put things into, if that might be fun as a treasure hunt-style gift.

Arlagirl Mon 17-Nov-14 20:26:07

In a cracker?

MrsGSR Mon 17-Nov-14 20:30:57

My aunt used to roll up notes and slip them into the string bags full of chocolate coins. Might be a bit difficult with lots of money though!

Whereisegg Mon 17-Nov-14 20:32:06

These are great grin

The best I had come up with was giving it to her in pound coins just to see the look on her face wink

LokiBear Mon 17-Nov-14 20:34:00

My mum did this for me once. She gave me ten small gifts with £10 wrapped up with it. For example, a new hair brush with a £10 note wrapped around the handle, a box of chocolates with £10 in the place of one of the chocs. It was amazing!

BertieBotts Mon 17-Nov-14 20:35:21

In a treasure chest or mini suitcase grin

You could get a nice jewellery box which is shaped like a treasure chest perhaps. Or a new purse? Something that can be a present in itself as well as being the holder for the money.

Whereisegg Mon 17-Nov-14 20:39:59

Bloody hell, I just signed up to Pinterest as advised.
That, combined with mn, means I may never talk to dh and the dc again!

in2theblues Mon 17-Nov-14 20:41:44

We gave Bro some notes in a photo frame with one of his favourite pictures. The notes were just sticking out behind the photo.

A 'dolly bag' or 'pirate purse' of pound coins is also very satisfying. I do this with my quid a day savings when I go to the theatre twice a year with my mate. It's great because the round pounds are there for spending on the day so a little extravagance is allowed.

Whereisegg Mon 17-Nov-14 21:37:57

I love the idea of attaching notes to the spokes of an umbrella so she finds it when she opens it smile

Whereisegg Tue 18-Nov-14 16:13:13

Can anyone top the umbrella?

madsadbad Tue 18-Nov-14 16:30:41

What about if its not raining?

Whereisegg Tue 18-Nov-14 16:36:54

She will be made to gently encouraged to open it after unwrapping it smile

BertieBotts Tue 18-Nov-14 17:42:45

I hope she's not superstitious grin

Elvish Tue 18-Nov-14 17:52:05

My favorite way to give money is as origami, I usually do it for weddings.

A fish is quite simple and you can make a fish bowl from a cheap jar, fill it with sand and pebbles and make a bit of seaweed from a pipe cleaner, then hang the fish from the rim on a bit of thread so they look like they are swimming.

I've also done butterflies in a little pot plant which look great.

I'll see if I can find any pictures...

I've also just done something like this to put in a card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now