Talk

Advanced search

buying chocolate for gifts and..........

(16 Posts)
SouthernOne Mon 17-Nov-14 18:55:29

eating it!

Guilty as charged. A chocolate orange last week and now Thorntons chocolates.

I'm not rebuying till the day I deliver themsmile

Tell me it's not just me

Leeds2 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:58:41

I buy chocolate that I don't like! (there is some, lol)

A chocolate orange definitely wouldn't last here!

schmeegle Mon 17-Nov-14 19:14:17

Equally guilty.

The current tally is two Chocolate Oranges, Thorntons Mint Selection and two bottles of wine.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 17-Nov-14 19:31:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crazykat Mon 17-Nov-14 19:32:20

If I buy any chocolate gifts I send them up to my dad's or I end up eating them and having to replace them. Buying some for me at the same time doesn't work either smile.

Sukebind Mon 17-Nov-14 22:14:28

I bought some lidl Christmas fudge for school hamper raffle donation and sort of bought an extra box to try before I gave it to anyone as a gift. I ate it all! So ashamed. It wasn't actually even as nice as I heard...

Memphisbelly Mon 17-Nov-14 22:16:35

Chocolate usually lasts here and boozes doesn't. This year I am pregnant so it is the opposite everyone who normally gets chocolate is getting booze!

PinkSquash Mon 17-Nov-14 22:19:33

I have been really good, because all the chocolates are out of reach and all the alcohol I have taped up so I can't grab it. I am that bad.

PinkSquash Mon 17-Nov-14 22:19:33

I have been really good, because all the chocolates are out of reach and all the alcohol I have taped up so I can't grab it. I am that bad.

PinkSquash Mon 17-Nov-14 22:19:34

DamselNotInHerDress Mon 17-Nov-14 22:41:16

I am currently sat scoffing my second chocolate orange in 2 weeks. I bloody love them! They were destined for the dds stockings grin

chocolatereindeer Mon 17-Nov-14 22:54:59

2 chocolate oranges
1 bag of cadbury chocolate eclairs
1 bag of lidl Irish cream fudge
blush

RJnomore Tue 18-Nov-14 08:15:32

Willpower of steel here. Not touched a thing.

just buy extra normal chocolate it works wonders

psychomum5 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:31:31

You are SO much like one of my best friends.....she cannot for the life of her resist eating the chocolate she buys in for presents.

She lives in horror of me......I still have my two Easter eggs waitning to be eaten, on a day I have a chocolate need. I have a stash of chocolate put by for Christmas and it is not tempting me at all.

I have had to keep it secret from my family......if DH discovered it he too would scoff the lot!

Dancingqueen17 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:51:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

traviata Tue 18-Nov-14 13:42:00

dancingqueen17 I recall undoing the wrapping paper last year off a box of chocolates and scoffing the lot blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now