Talk

Advanced search

come and help me sort out Christmas

(13 Posts)
lickingstars Mon 17-Nov-14 16:56:14

I am having problems sorting out Christmas in my head. Plus I need some more ideas for the DCs. DH used to check lists and suggest presents and I used to buy them. I am not very good at getting good presents so I am hoping for your help so that Santa gets it right this year.

So DD 1 (13) is having a phone for Christmas/her birthday. I need some stuff to wrap for her or her pile is going to be a bit crap. So far she has
Phone
Dr who day of the doctor DVD
Probably the Dr who annual (haven't bought it yet)
Paper towns ( book )
Listen to the moon (book)

(She has asked for iTunes vouchers,New pokemon game and the captain America DVD from family)

DS(6)
A scooter
Then Mostly Playmobil sets - African Savannah, camp site, motor home ,brachiosaurus and baby.
Froth,slop and plop science set

I would like to get him some stuff that isn't playmobil as well so any suggestions please.

(Some more playmobil dinosaur sets, football boots , football and goalie gloves from family)

DD2 (4)
Baby Annabel
Baby Annabel changing bag
Baby Annabel highchair
Anna,Elsa,Kristoff dolls
Frozen dinner set
Frozen duvet
2 Thomas the tank engine trains
Playdoh sweet shop
Minnie mouse club house

(Mickey club house school bus,peppa pig balloon ride, baby Annabelle pram, baby Annabell rocking cradle and baby Annabell outfits from family)

Does that sound okay? Could you give me some more suggestions?
I have got the stockings sorted (orange, toothbrush , chocolate coins, small cuddly toy/ toy cars)
I feel like it needs more books or board games or something. Any suggestions please

lickingstars Mon 17-Nov-14 17:08:29

Should say looking at stuff worth about £20 ish as they already have their main present. No more than £35 depending on the thing.

curlycat Mon 17-Nov-14 18:20:32

My dd is 14 and she just really wants clothes. All ridiculously priced hoodies and trainers!! But so far I have also got her

Camera and case
Hair curler
Ladyshave
Holister body spray
Jammies
Thermos cup for hot chocolate
Fancy Sealed tumbler with a straw
River Island perfume
River Island purse
Frilly ankle socks (seems to be the 'in' thing - she's not worn them since she was 4!!)
Hair stuff

curlycat Mon 17-Nov-14 18:22:39

Oh and a wee tiny wifi speaker to use with her phone or ipad

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Nov-14 18:32:40

I have a 6 year old DS, for non playmobil toys how about

Lego (Arctic explorers is good, DS loves Chima)
Snap circuits
Spy toys (magnifying glass, night goggles, spy pen etc.)
Doctor who Tardis and figures (if he likes it)
Board games (there are a couple of threads on here suggesting games for that age group)

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Nov-14 18:36:40

I'm having some wifi issues or I'd link to the board game for you. I'll have a go later when it's fixed, and suggest some board games and books too!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Nov-14 18:39:33

Oh and for the 4 and 6 year old (though honestly, it sounds like you've done well for them both already) how about some dressing up stuff. DS loves dressing up and has accumulated all sorts of outfits - power rangers,batman, darth Vader, lego chima etc

lickingstars Mon 17-Nov-14 21:15:17

Thank you
Yes dress up stuff would be good for the younger two.

DD1 is harder she doesn't really like clothes and she has hair straighteners

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 17-Nov-14 21:32:16

Would your DD like earmuffs that her phone can plug into?

A nice grown-up purse? I bought DD2 a lovely one from Accessorize last year when she was 14.

A sewing box?

I also bought both DDs a personalised mug last year from eBay in the style of a "Keep Calm" poster, so Name Keep Calm and listen to Favourite Band

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Nov-14 21:33:21

I had a look at DS (6) books earlier - current favourites are Dr Seuss books, the blue/green banana book series, some 'early reader' books and Claude books.

Board game wise, how about frustration, hungry hippo or junior monopoly?

Orchard toy games would be good for the 4 year old maybe?

For the eldest how about a case for the phone,mini speakers, headphones or something for her room? How much of a doctor who fan is she? There are a few framed Dr who prints around.

makemineapinot Mon 17-Nov-14 21:34:17

I've now gone and spent far too much as my dc (11&12) just want expensive named things (Hollister, Lacoste etc) and vouchers such as iTunes, Xbox, amazon etc. their piles of presents look pathetic -although dd's isn't as bad as ds' as I managed to get 25 presents from the Jane Asher range at £land for her! I added up how much I'd already spent and it was way over budget for both - although luckily seem have spent almost the same on both. All these vouchers add up but look so small!! Was so much more satisfying (fir me) when they were wee and had big pikes of stuff!!

lickingstars Mon 17-Nov-14 21:36:41

Not sure about the purse but definitely the earmuffs thanks. And I will look into the mugs.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 17-Nov-14 21:40:07

For DD1 what about a nice cushion/ beanbag for her room.(Big to bulk out present pile but not too expensive)
Onesie / pj's / slippers.
Joules / Soap and glory type smellies - good deals on Boots 3 for 2 especially if you still have family or friends to buy for.
Candles - again for her room if she's quite responsible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now