Talk

Advanced search

Just added up my 'left to buy' list....

(38 Posts)
RunawayReindeer Mon 17-Nov-14 11:40:15

In an ideal world, if I bought the brands I wanted and money was no object then I have £409 worth left to buy.

Cutting it down significantly (although nobody would know- and I have a birthday trip to Dublin to fit in) I can get it down to £241.... And then I'm DONE!!! Coming in at only £150 or so over budget (v good)

How much have you got left to do/buy/make and have you sneaked over budget yet??

Ho ho ho fsmile

ATailofTwoKitties Mon 17-Nov-14 11:42:44

Erm, all of it>

<sticks fingers in ears>

o0 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:40:40

I've got about half a dozen presents still to buy.

I don't have a set budget and have no idea what I've already spent! Probably best I don't know. fgrin

Chipandspuds Mon 17-Nov-14 12:46:12

I've got about £15 left to spend on DM (probably going to get her some books), and I have no idea what to get my brother but have about £30 to spend.

SouthernOne Mon 17-Nov-14 13:04:45

I've still got about £500 to spend, but it's on only a few items, so I'm pleased with my progress so far

JuniperTisane Mon 17-Nov-14 13:06:55

Probably about £100 will do it for 4 siblings, 2 spouses & my parents.

Mrsgrumble Mon 17-Nov-14 13:07:57

All got bar groceries and have to finish dh present (wellies from millets 15 quid and some body shop stuff and box set he wants)

So about 40 quid

Started buying early this year so it's great. Have new lights, decorations etc. trip to aldi and m&s should do it of groceries

chelsbells Mon 17-Nov-14 13:08:17

£50-£60 tops!

Dread to think how much I've already spent but glad that's all that's left to spend - makes December wage last a little bit longer.

First time I've ever done Christmas shopping before December - it's a revelation! smile

stewierooibos Mon 17-Nov-14 13:39:25

I still have about £100 of stuff left to buy.

If I didn't have a spreadsheet I'd think I was doing well, as all the main presents come in well under budget. However the box of Christmas cards/crackers/chocolates/scented candle added to the weekly shop here, and the stocking filler there, and the extra little present that I saw for dsis there, and the pyjamas there actually means that I have spent an awful lot more than I would otherwise realise.

I don't have a set budget, but I do have a maximum that I'd spend on each person, and I have a Christmas savings account that I put money into each month so I try to get it as close to that as possible as otherwise it has to come out of 'living' money. It's about double what I'd saved this year, which I can afford but it would have been better if I'd spent less. Next year I might manage it!

chillychicken Mon 17-Nov-14 13:48:31

All done here and £15 under budget grin

colliewobbles83 Mon 17-Nov-14 14:03:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheGonnagle Mon 17-Nov-14 14:05:38

All done bar about £80 for dh.
Ocado order done
Bird and butchery done
House (nearly) redecorated
Cards and paper done
Done done done <twitches furiously>

billiejeanbob Mon 17-Nov-14 15:23:53

I really want to be finished before December this year. For the dcs I only have ds' disney infinity figures left to buy (and possibly a pair of heelys for dd as an extra).
But they are all in need of new weekend shoes, so that might set my budget back a bit (£100 gone!).

noideawottoget Mon 17-Nov-14 15:30:59

more than i usually have at this time. but in my defence i have moved house and thrown a massive engagement party both in the later half of this year.

CleaninQueen Mon 17-Nov-14 15:35:17

I haven't started yet blush

sliceofsoup Mon 17-Nov-14 15:45:12

We have all of Santa's stuff done, which is amazing considering last year we did ALL of our Christmas shopping on Christmas eve. shock

Just have to get MIL, and a few cousins. My parents we will probably take out for a meal, already bought for FIL. Cousins will just be some money and a box of sweets.

MrsLindor Mon 17-Nov-14 15:59:40

Still go a bit to buy, but TBH I'm saving things to get when I go Christmas shopping with DH on 5th December, it will all be finished on the 5th.

Ocado slot booked and food shopping ordered.

I save in advance with Park so thankfully I don't need to think too much about money at this stage, except for a few things I can't spend my vouchers on, but I juggle things to keep that to a minimum.

bryonyelf Mon 17-Nov-14 16:13:52

I still need to buy DS a new scooter which I am going to do tonight.

He wants a tablet but he is only 6 so I am not sure. May be table football for his room. Or something else fairly large.

A few more stocking fillers

A gift from DS to DH. That is all. Prob £250 max.

Food order as well. Will work on that this week.

5446 Tue 18-Nov-14 03:03:39

All of it.

Plus three birthday presents between now and Christmas.

In my defense, I am living abroad but going home for Christmas, so have it all in my Amazon wishlists/spreadsheet.

It's coming in at £90 for the 3 family birthdays (what I normally spend) and£501 for the rest.

Not bad for DParents, DPIL, DP, DSis, DBIL, DB and BF!

ThomasLynn Tue 18-Nov-14 04:16:50

Out of a total budget of $1000, I've spent $920.

I have 3 presents left to get, which should should come to $70,

I start in July so the money's all nicely spread out.

December 1st I'll be posting all my overseas cards, December tenth is all the domestic cards. Then, I bunker down and avoid the insanity.

BedPig2013 Tue 18-Nov-14 07:26:59

Mine shouldn't be any more than £50 left to spend, just got to get a couple of little bits for dd, some chocolates for my brothers and I want to get a couple of presents for two close friends, only problem being that one of them is in China until June so I'm not sure I want to send anything of value in case it doesn't arrive!
I'm quite glad that I'm almost done because I've got dd's birthday in February to think of too

anyoldname76 Tue 18-Nov-14 09:53:24

I've probably got around 100 left to spend, 2 presents for dh, and a couple of joint gifts. I've also given up smoking and have been putting money on an asda savings card so I'm all sorted for the Christmas food shop too smile

poolomoomon Tue 18-Nov-14 10:20:45

I've got £500 to spend on Thursday and then I'm done aside from the Christmas food shop which is sitting in the ocado basket waiting for the Christmas slots to open on the 30th... All £400 of it blush. Think I'll be bringing that down before Christmas though, a few ridiculous purchases in there.

pettyprudence Tue 18-Nov-14 10:57:08

I have about £200-300 pounds of gift and food shopping still to do but don't have £200-300 spare cash in the foreseeable future as I crashed my car the other week. The kids are sorted <phew> but I still need gifts for dh, parents, siblings and partners and my best friends and kids. I know I don't HAVE to spend as much on her as she has on me but it puts a bit of pressure on me to find her something "as good". Oh have all the inlaws to buy for too but not seeing them until new year so putting them at the back of my mind (there is a lot of them!). All in all, I have about 30 people to arrange gifts for. I love christmas but the whole gift bit is a fecking nightmare!

RunawayReindeer Tue 18-Nov-14 11:20:13

Got £94 done and only £150 of so left not so much a stealth boast \o/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now