Talk

Advanced search

Schleich Models

(6 Posts)
wiltingfast Sun 16-Nov-14 22:10:03

No experience of the scheilch models really though we have a few animals inherited from here and there. I've seen the animals in the shops of course but i didn't realise Schleich also did fairies and elves.

My dd (3.5) is looking for my little pony but I think she might think they are unicorns as she's always talking about them and when I googled unicorns the Lis set is what I found.

... ROKL5A1OLE Lis

Anyone have this or similar? I know they're "fixed", is that v limiting I wonder in terms of play?

BlueGreenHazelGreen Sun 16-Nov-14 22:29:30

My DD loves these. The fixed nature of them doesn't seem to inhibit her and she can sustain hours of imaginative play with them.

She first bought some with her holiday spending money at about 3 and she still plays with them nearly 4 years on having collected more along the way.

They get well played with by small visitors to the house too.

erin99 Sun 16-Nov-14 23:34:36

They are lovely. DD adored being given them and visiting children make a beeline for them. DD herself hasn't played that much with them but she doesn't do much small world play generally. Has never got on with playmobil either. The ones on horses get the most play - the figures do come off the horses.

The roundabout looks nice, I think it actually spins. The fairies and elves also mix well with the knights.

BlueGreenHazelGreen Sun 16-Nov-14 23:37:11

Oh yes, our fairies/princesses regularly attack our knights & castle.

They're sneaky that way.

erin99 Sun 16-Nov-14 23:44:18

smile

Ours are more like this www.amazon.co.uk/Schleich-70409-Iloris-Leolynn/dp/B0012BRVQ2/ref=pd_sim_k_h_b_cs_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AB97JHQTDA7YQN456Y3 but DD is older.

wiltingfast Mon 17-Nov-14 13:34:00

Thanks for all the responses! I would personally prefer one without rainbow wings but I am attracted to getting a unicorn AND fairy in one set! They do look lovely, I think she will be very engaged with it. We asked her this morning what a unicorn actually was and she does seem to know it is a horse with one horn grin, so I'll spare us the mlp and chance the set.

Thank you all so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now