Talk

Advanced search

Best tablet apps for Android/Apple/which ever other operating system- PLEASE do not come in here if you think children should not use tablets as that is not the point of this thread!

(8 Posts)
HoHoHappyHolidays Sun 16-Nov-14 17:41:55

After much research, I have bought a Hudl 2 for myself and my 3yo DS to use- except I know nothing about apps, lol.

I thought we could make a list here of the best apps for all ages so if we are giving tablets for Xmas we could load them up first smile After informing us of cool apps, please tell us which operating systems it is available on smile

TIA smile

itstheyearzero Sun 16-Nov-14 18:26:58

Firstly download Kids Place or similar. This is an app that you load the kids games into. Once inside Kids Place the child can't get out of it as it is password protected meaning they can't inadvertently go onto the internet or spend money on games. This is on Android but there will be similar apps for the I Pad.

ChristmasYoni Sun 16-Nov-14 18:48:06

Mine like the peppa pig and ben and holly games, various jigsaws and colouring book apps. There are also some cute interactive pets like tom the cat and my 2 year old loves an app that I've forgot the name of where he looks after a baby, washes, feeds, changes outfit, plays toys etc.

RockySpeed Sun 16-Nov-14 18:55:39

Endless alphabet is very good (and free) and little fox music box and nighty night are TOTALLY BRILLIANT!(not free!) all of these are on the ipad but may be available on android too grin

superbagpuss Sun 16-Nov-14 19:05:31

my DC have a hudl

from the play store on android they have talking tom, cbeebies and minion rush, all much played with

Clueing4looks Sun 16-Nov-14 22:17:45

There's a lego minifigures app - like the old misfits game with the clownshead/witchesbody/monkeysfeet etc - you swipe the handle and it spins. If they all match when it stops you unlock that minifigure and a fact about it.

Mine used to like the coin machine game and of course angry birds

Mummyboo30 Mon 17-Nov-14 10:20:04

The cbeebies playtime and story time apps are both really good and available on both iOS and android. My DD is also a fan of the Hip Hop Hen apps, as well as hopster (kids tv shows with no adverts. Great to entertain when youve got internet and no tv)
Also the Peppa pig pig and endless alphabet games are good fun! smile

saunders Wed 07-Jan-15 13:01:28

Peppa pig, counting is fun, mixed shapes are all really good.

I also downloaded a parental control app so I can switch to the home screen and stop my kids using it when I want them off. We have big tantrums when i give 5 minute warnings etc for my son to stop using the hudl. I downloaded it from www.techno-app.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now