Talk

Advanced search

Bizzare Santa requests

(26 Posts)
Wrongornot Sun 16-Nov-14 16:20:13

Santa: and what is it that I can bring you this year?

DD (5): well, the thing that I would really really like is, you know that thing that goes here <points to chest>

Santa: eh?

DD: you know! So I can pretend like I have got boobies....a bra, yes that's it A BRA!

Me: <faints>

Anyone else?

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 16-Nov-14 16:26:44

DS (3 and a half) has asked for amongst other things hotdogs. Oh and money hmm I asked him what he wanted to write in his letter and wrote it down. Still at least the hotdogs are cheap and he didn't specify how much money just "shiny coins" grin

SaucyMare Sun 16-Nov-14 16:33:04

My son wants night vision goggles, no idea what he wants them for.

Optimist1 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:37:53

Desperately - could he mean chocolate money when he asks for shiny coins??

Babiecakes11 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dolallytats Sun 16-Nov-14 16:43:07

No odd requests, but when I ask him what he wants for Christmas, DS (6) says 'I'm not telling you, Santa will know'!! Arrgggghhhh!! grin

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 16-Nov-14 16:47:26

Dd wants a big white tiger and 5 baby ones. And some butterflies. And NEXT year she wants worms. But not this year.

I have one big white tiger cuddly toy (£2 local selling site!) so now need a couple of small ones. I am not buying 5 of them. And I'm getting a butterfly farm thingy where you get caterpillars by post and hatch your own. I have a feelingi t will be tricky getting dd to wait until summer to use it though!

turdfairynomore Sun 16-Nov-14 16:48:57

DD20 wants 2 rats!!! I thought she'd have grown out of awkward requests by now!!!

306235388 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:49:18

Ds once asked for 'the moon with a face on'

Dd asked for a bunch of bananas all for her last year!

BrieAndChilli Sun 16-Nov-14 16:54:23

Dd has a white tiger animagic thing or some such thing, it's mouth moves when you feed it and it purrs. Might be good for you to look out for iamapalentologist

Ds1 has asked for every video game and console underthe sun and then right in the middle of his list is 'father christmas'! So any creative ideas for an 8 year old welcome!

mummytime Sun 16-Nov-14 16:54:59

They only post out the Caterpillars in certain months, so she will just have to wait.

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 16-Nov-14 17:08:01

Oh that's good mummy. Obviously I knew that it had to be summer but I'm glad there will be a cast iron proof to dd rather than just because mummy says so grin. She doesn't always believe mummy, she was insisting we could go blackberry picking this morning!

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 16-Nov-14 17:08:29

There is too much use of "mummy" in that post grin

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 16-Nov-14 17:11:47

I asked if that's what he was after Optimist he said "nooooooo! money for meeeeeeeeeee!" grin

PrettyPictures92 Sun 16-Nov-14 17:56:30

My dd wants an animal for Christmas and upon hearing that santa doesn't give pets as presents (no way, not a chance in hell!) she decided she'd steal Santa's reign deer confused (she also wants a Sophia book, santa has said yes).

My ds wants a puppy, even though he's allergic. Failing that he wants a fluffy blanket (like the one I beed sick on mum, your fluffy one). Guess what Santa's bringing him this year? grin

frignorant Sun 16-Nov-14 18:37:34

DD once asked for a servant hmm

prettywhiteguitar Sun 16-Nov-14 18:42:43

Dd 3 would like what peppa pig drinks "pink water" and a peppa pig feeilllmmm mummy

Ds 6 wants Lego Chima the Ice hunters

Neither of them will be disappointed I'm sure that Santa can rustle up that !

CaisleanDraiochta Sun 16-Nov-14 19:01:08

DS often asks for strange (and unobtainable) gifts.

One year he asked for a time machine hmm and nothing else because 'with a time machine i wouldn't need anything else' He got given an electronics kit with a note from FC saying the elves didn't know how to make one but maybe DS could build his own with this.

This year he has asked for a mine. Not minecraft, but an actual real mine. Also on the list is equipment like a shovel, pickaxe, torch and gloves, so he can go digging in his own personal mine. Oh dear!

ModerationInEverything Sun 16-Nov-14 19:07:56

DD(7) wants a surprise and a wool jumper??? This is the child who skips round in shorts and t-shirts all year fgrin fconfused

coffeetofunction Sun 16-Nov-14 19:48:46

Calslean, your child is amazing!! I laughed so hard I nearly cry gringringrin

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 16-Nov-14 20:06:04

Caislean I think I love your child.

He would get on very well with dd. Actually the prospect of them teaming up to cause mayhem is rather scary......

Have just ordered my last bits off Amazon. I got 2 small cuddly tigers to go with the big one. I can't wait to see dd's face when she comes down in the morning to see her stocking being hugged by a big tiger with 2 little heads poking out of the top grin.

Not so sure what to do with the lovely stash of notebooks and pencil crayons and stuff I got when it was all vastly reduced in Sainsburys months ago. I merrily tripped down the aisle gathering it all up because dd's list is usually full of stuff like that. Last year she asked for felt tip pens and seeds smile

DamselNotInHerDress Sun 16-Nov-14 21:00:25

Dd1 asked for an actual invisibility cloak one year confused

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sun 16-Nov-14 21:19:18

Dd wants sunglasses from Santa. Other dd wanted her ears pierced!

TCforTopCat Sun 16-Nov-14 21:21:44

Dd7 wants a "sheet of water"
Think Santa may need to be very creative grin

AtiaoftheJulii Sun 16-Nov-14 21:28:00

Ds asked for a cheeseboard when he was 9 or 10. (Am now wondering if he actually meant a chessboard!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now