Talk

Advanced search

Nigella's gingerbread stuffing - what's yours like?

(1 Post)
BuilderMammy Sun 16-Nov-14 15:25:18

I made gingerbread stuffing last weekend and whipped a container of it out of the freezer today to test, you understand, and not at all because I can't resist the stuff (there are two loaf tins of it left so it's not like I've to start over!).

I've just tried it oh, dear god, why is it not christmas every weekend and it's a bit too wet, and sort of moussy in texture. It was only an inch-thick layer in a 6 inch dish so not very big and was in at 180 for 50 minutes; the top certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in for any longer. And in any case I don't think it's underdone. I'd just like it to be solider.

I did leave out the eggs when I made it because I thought it seemed wet enough, but I'm wondering would the eggs have set it more and given it a better texture?

What's everyone else's like - do you get a sliceable loaf, a spoonable mush or something in between? The picture in the book looks drier than my version.

(This is the fifth year I've made this, you'd think I'd have the hang of it by now, but I can't remember what I did with it before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now