Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aldi Christmas Puddings

(14 Posts)
MyVegasBaby Sun 16-Nov-14 09:10:18

Are they any good and which should I buy, the ones in the red wrapper or the ones in the box?
Thanks

MyVegasBaby Sun 16-Nov-14 17:04:59

Anyone? Someone must have braved one!

blacktreaclecat Sun 16-Nov-14 17:07:22

We had the mini ones last year (the specially selected, 4 in a box) - they were very nice
Might get the amaretto in the middle one this year

TheGonnagle Sun 16-Nov-14 17:09:46

I have one every year, it's the boxed luxury one topped with cherries. It's the best ever, basically made of fruit and held together with booze - exactly how I like it! Then we'll have one on boxing day at my dads too.
You don't have to brave Aldi's specially selected, it's uniformly great.

Moln Sun 16-Nov-14 17:29:17

I got red mini ones last year. they were very nice.

MeganChips Sun 16-Nov-14 17:36:12

I had the luxury one for about £5 last year and it was very nice.

This year I am having the £10 champagne one because it looks bloody gorgeous and I do love Christmas pudding.

PesoPenguin Sun 16-Nov-14 17:45:31

The normal red one is good enough for us but then I don't really like alcohol in food!

SugarPlumpFairy3 Sun 16-Nov-14 17:48:08

We had a boxed one last year and it was delicious! Will be getting one this year too.

SauvignonBlanche Sun 16-Nov-14 17:50:52

I'll have a look at them tomorrow, I bought Heston's last year, I can't have the same again.

TheGonnagle Sun 16-Nov-14 19:19:17

That's the one Megan, the champagne one is bloody lovely!

MyVegasBaby Sun 16-Nov-14 21:52:51

Ooh sounds good, will have a look at the boxed ones this week!

ladymariner Mon 17-Nov-14 00:09:36

I bought the luxury one last year, the one covered in orange slices, because it won all sorts of taste tests in various magazines.

It didn't get eaten, got put at the top of a cupboard and forgotten about (domestic goddess, me blush )I found it a couple of days ago, it went out of date in July, and put it on the worktop near the door ready to go in the bin.

Dh saw it, and is now working his way through it, declaring it to be "bloody lovely"!!!!

HTH......smile

OutThereLil Mon 17-Nov-14 05:45:38

I will be buying one for boxing day

Had hestons last year which was disgusting

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Nov-14 07:29:05

we've been having Aldi Christmas puddings for years, used to seek them put specifically before Aldi became mainstream. One of my close family is a "dry" alcoholic and won't eat food with booze in. The Aldi puds without alcohol are delicious, far nicer than any alternatives and easier than making my own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now