Advanced search

Any ideas for a 4 year old girl who likes writing/drawing/arts/ceadts

(22 Posts)
ViperActive Sat 15-Nov-14 21:00:44

Just that really

ViperActive Sat 15-Nov-14 21:01:21

Crafts that's meant to say In title blush

Thehedgehogsong Sat 15-Nov-14 21:04:12

My 4 yo little crafter loves her card making kit. That might be an idea?
We've got her the leap pad pen and the world map that goes with it to write with this Xmas. She really loves writing letters and numbers so I think she'll enjoy that!

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 15-Nov-14 21:05:29

I'm making 4 yo DN a 'playing schools' kit, with notebooks, stickers, mini whiteboard, little certificates etc.

Skyland Sat 15-Nov-14 21:28:51

Klutz books are great. My son loves the thumb doodles books but there are lots if different ones to choose from. I bought them on amazon. Starwars thumb doodles was also a bit hit.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 21:37:44

Djeco djeco djeco, so many kits and stuff. all so beautiful.

vikjul Sat 15-Nov-14 21:42:41

I think some kids like colouring books/mosaic/decorating kits etc, while others prefer doing their own thing from scratch?

In our house (6yo dd and 9yo ds), arts and crafts kits intended for specific projects tend to be ignored/forgotten, while plain paper and new markers/stickers/glitter pens/scissors are happily received and used all the time.

At 4yo, either of them would have been delighted with a bunch of craft paper in different colours and sizes, perhaps scotch tape and a pair of scissors, glitter pens, glitter glue, lots of sparkly stickers, and nice new markers.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 21:49:46

Very true, Mine liked some guidance and was lost faced with craft stuff.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sat 15-Nov-14 22:28:10

Drawing projector, Galt sewing kit, Galt first clay kit, jewellery making kit, huge craft box- asda have one in at the minute, mosaic set, Hama beads, fimo?? All things craft loving dd adores!

Jcee Sun 16-Nov-14 15:14:02

What about hama beads or sticky mosaics?

Artandco Sun 16-Nov-14 15:17:12

Watercolours
Canvas boards
Pencils/ sharpener/ eraser
Paintbrushes
Stetch book

BrieAndChilli Sun 16-Nov-14 15:18:55

When dd was 4 I got a desk off free cycle which had fairies stencilled on it. I filled it with crafts and pens and notebooks and stickers etcetc
She loved it

Castlemilk Sun 16-Nov-14 15:22:07

Plastic stencils of different things - animals, flowers, shapes. Just the right age for that.

RunawayReindeer Sun 16-Nov-14 15:24:44

Heard a couple of ideas on other threads about making craft drawers? Sounds wonderful for me but would just get trashed by dd.

Think it was a set of those plastic drawers on wheels and then filled with paper/pens/pip cleaners/glitter/zigzag scissors/ stamps/stickers according to budget and likes. If you want to lower the cost, you could use household items (save fairy liquid bottles, toilet roll tubes, cardboard,cereal boxes, bubble wrap etc

Wish my girl would grow into craft a bit more. Although we did just finish this pudding fgrin

RunawayReindeer Sun 16-Nov-14 15:26:20

Gratuitous pic

306235388 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:51:05

Dd(4) loves playdoh, Hama beads, different pattern scissors, shaped hole punches, glue glue and more glue, glitter, sticky tape, card and paper more than anything else

wiltingfast Sun 16-Nov-14 22:31:00

I a dd almost the same age and been wondering the same. She already has an enormous collection of colouring things and paper and we have a box of bits and pieces they like to mess about with. Messing about with paint I understand, but I'm a bit lost with "crafts" tbh, would need a kit to get anything going!

In the end, I got her a melissa and doug jewelery making kit and i think I might get 365 things to draw and paint by usborne too.

I also got her a book about a little girl who thinks she can't draw and makes a dot only and when her teacher makes her sign it, she becomes an artist! the dot

Also think I will get the Art Book for Children by phaeidon to introduce her to proper art...

PoppyWearer Sun 16-Nov-14 22:35:38

A big pot of good quality (Berol) colouring pens. Sod the 99p ones that dry out in seconds, Berol are the business.

Upgrade the stuff she loves and uses most.

mummy2angel Sun 16-Nov-14 23:46:41

My 4 year old DD loves being creative so I'm making her a craft hamper. I will fill it with the usual crafty things (eyes, Pom poms, ribbon, pipe cleaners, pens, stencils, stamps, sponges, shells, lolly pop sticks, buttons, glitter) I have also got a 365 things to make book to go with it

ScrabbledLeggsAndToes Tue 18-Nov-14 15:55:24

How about going to the Early Learninf Centre and getting:-

Elc Magnetic Playcentre (£25)

Bet she would love it.

melonballer Tue 18-Nov-14 19:23:04

A subscription to toucan boxes? Not cheap but the projects are good

threepiecesuite Tue 18-Nov-14 19:34:36

Crayola Twistables are much loved by my 4yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now