Talk

Advanced search

OK WHICH M and S pudding

(23 Posts)
ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 18:27:45

We will only be small party, 4 or 5, I want something amazing....which one is amazing...we dont want triffle or chrismtas pudding...

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:31:17

I love the Belgian chocolate and Irish liqueur cheesecake! But I buy it every week so not sure if it is 'wow' enough for Christmas Day! They do a chocolate mouse profiteroles thing to order which is nice!

GertrudePerkins Sat 15-Nov-14 18:34:27

i don't know if it's Christmassy enough, but we've just polished off the sour cherry and almond crumble/pudding hybrid thing, which is lush. Or the hot chocolate fudge pudding is great as well.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 18:36:30

christmasfood.marksandspencer.com/listing/desserts/
Looking at this list ^

Passion fruit and moose coulis

white forrest cheesecake

white choc snow bomb

choc and rasberry xmas tree

GertrudePerkins Sat 15-Nov-14 18:38:51

oh, we had the bombe thing the year dd2 was a newborn. it was ok, but i'd rather one of the other puddings we normally buy.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Sat 15-Nov-14 18:39:14

Weve gone for the choc and raspberry xnas tree, looks lush!

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sat 15-Nov-14 18:39:19

White forest cheesecake out of your options. smile

PandasRock Sat 15-Nov-14 18:52:24

We had the passion fruit mousse last year and it was lush. Really light, quite tangy, definitely moreish.

Have gone for the choc/raspberry Christmas tree this year I think. But was torn as the cheesecake sounds good too (ultimately too big for us)

ipswichwitch Sat 15-Nov-14 19:15:44

We've ordered the bombe as DH doesn't like anything else hmm
Can see me adding the cheesecake or choc/raspberry tree just for me to the order smile

YonicScrewdriver Sat 15-Nov-14 19:16:59

Posh profiteroles, just tried them today, not launched till dec but yummy!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 19:17:34

do all of you make the decisions yourselves on the pudding?

Or does dh have a say>

I would so love to browse with Dh get cosy on the sofa choosing and discuss what we fancy but he isn't interested sad just takes joy out of it for me. Thank goodness for you ladies smile.

I have gone off the bomb now it was a weaker choice and am thinking the christmas tree.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 19:18:17

yonic what makes them posh?

i do adore profitta but not sure if show stopping and different enough..

YonicScrewdriver Sat 15-Nov-14 19:21:56

Salted caramel filling and crunchy candy on top

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:33:26

I love the posh profiteroles! Not fussed on the bomb thing! Had it the year before last and wouldn't get again.

Rainicorn Sat 15-Nov-14 19:38:26

We had the profiterole dessert last year. It was yummy.

We also had the mini choc trees, which were equally nice.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Nov-14 19:39:35

Our household is dictated by (not DH ,he doesn't really eat puddings) if it's vegetarian (DH and I ) and if it has chocolate (DH doesn't eat chocolate)

I don't know which of the puddings I'd buy but I might make some mini puddings (depending on how many people we have here) and ice-cream for the DC.

JillJ72 Sat 15-Nov-14 21:28:24

Last year we had the passion fruit mousse with raspberry coulis; this we're having the chocolate and raspberry Christmas tree, and sherry trifle (not my thing but our guests like it). Dessert for New Year's Day will be the passion fruit mousse!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 21:33:09

Jill what was the passion fruit mousse like?

JillJ72 Sat 15-Nov-14 21:36:57

It was light, tangy, full of complementary textures and flavours, and it was scoffed! 5 of us at the table, enough for another dip into the bowl all round, and then DS got as much of the remnants as he could - it was very much appreciated by all, really tasty. The bowl needed to be dipped in hot water for a couple of minutes to loosen it but I was easy to serve and disappeared very quickly. Also nice because it was a light way to end Christmas dinner.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sat 15-Nov-14 21:38:44

sounds wonderful! You have sold it to me, but am still torn between that and the xmas tree.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Sun 16-Nov-14 18:17:08

Get both!!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sun 16-Nov-14 20:58:40

Yes....v tempted too PANCAKES.

Am also torn now by profiteroles....

there is always new years as well i suppose and i guess they have all food in then

JillJ72 Sun 16-Nov-14 21:21:39

I second the call to get both. I collect one on Christmas Eve, and the other on NYE!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now