Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What on earth can I get my parents?!

(13 Posts)
Hurricaneinateacup Sat 15-Nov-14 16:21:39

They are mid 60s.

So far my mum has a purse and my dad has something he's ordered for himself to so with his hobby (his vintage car) and I'm giving him the money.

I've got about £140 left so could spend either £70ish on each or something combined.

Previously they've had afternoon teas, murder mysteries, river cruises, theatre tickets etc but I cannot see anything this year which I think they enjoy.

Help! They are my only people remaining to buy for.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 15-Nov-14 16:37:04

Money or book for them towards short break.

There's always the oxfam goat if you're really stumped! Joke

SuperFlyHigh Sat 15-Nov-14 16:38:16

When i say book you could book hotel flights etc if you know location and dates.

BikeRunSki Sat 15-Nov-14 16:40:06

Theatre tickets

Hurricaneinateacup Sat 15-Nov-14 16:53:06

Can't find anything they want to see.
Argh!

Imperial Sat 15-Nov-14 16:55:13

Do you have children? Could you book something for them and the children to go to or a photo shoot for them with the children?

MaryShelley Sun 16-Nov-14 08:59:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hurricaneinateacup Sun 16-Nov-14 09:12:00

We are in the midlands.
I'm now contemplating a three month cheese subscription for my dad - but still no idea for my mum!

BabCNesbitt Sun 16-Nov-14 09:16:04

Is she a big reader? I got my mum a 6-month subscription to Persephone Books a couple of years ago - they're beautiful items in themselves, so they make great gifts.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Nov-14 09:17:46

English Heritage/National Trust/Historic Houses Association/RSPB membership depending on who has the most sites locally?

florentina1 Sun 16-Nov-14 09:31:42

Does your mum enjoy flowers. Maybe a monthly florist delivery. Pre planted hyacinth bulbs or spring flower bulbs in a pot.

casperandjasper Sun 16-Nov-14 17:04:05

One year I bought my parents a stone bird bath for the garden - they really liked that.

MelanieCheeks Sun 16-Nov-14 17:15:19

Can you buy theatre vouchers so they choose what they want? National Trust membership- have done that one myself. Or if they are regular theatre goers can you get a "Friends" membership for them? Or the Oxfam goat smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now