Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody ever used 'fake snow' for decorating?

(8 Posts)
FurdyCone Sat 15-Nov-14 15:20:23

The sort you add water to crystals? Usually use the spray can stuff but have bought this this year.

I decorate the hearth on Christmas Eve when DS in bed, to make it look as if Father Christmas has left some snow behind while delivering presents. Also dust it with fine silver glitter.

Is it any good? Or shall I buy a back-up spray can?

NaiceNickname Sat 15-Nov-14 15:26:48

My mum uses it every year, she turns around her tree into some sort of snowy landscape hmm it's a pain in the arse, goes everywhere unless you have something around it to stop the spread or will be cleaning it away most instantly.

FurdyCone Sat 15-Nov-14 15:34:55

Should be fun with a nosey jack russell then! Bugger, might have to rethink.

LokiBear Sat 15-Nov-14 15:39:53

Me, for my wedding centrepieces. Sake snow, a candle and winter foliage I. A fish bowl.

justcallmethefixer Sat 15-Nov-14 15:56:05

We used it last year, sprinkled liberally on the hall floor then dp walked in it wearing boots - hey presto santas boot prints!

Down side it was hell to sweep up and left the vinyl floor that slippery I ended upon my ass twiceblush

Dp's ds's face was a picture thou so was worth it

FurdyCone Sat 15-Nov-14 16:04:08

If I (try) to keep it to the confines of the hearth then.... it definitely was a wow factor for DS last year!

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Sat 15-Nov-14 16:13:40

Was amazing for us last year! Put it around the presents with some boot prints. Dd loved it- when you touch it it feels cold so she completely bought that it was real Santa snow grin definitely doing this year

FurdyCone Sat 15-Nov-14 16:22:33

Ooh fabulous Bogies. Do I need to keep it away from the presents though - will it make the paper soggy? Am also going to leave a sleigh bell in it (that has fallen from Santa's sleigh -got that idea from someone here I think). Can't wait to get creative with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now