Talk

Advanced search

Real life shopping advice

(3 Posts)
duckbilled Fri 14-Nov-14 21:34:17

I am braving going shopping in actual, real life tomorrow.... coat on, outdoors, interaction with other people and without the comfort of amazon to compare too!
I was wondering if you lovely people could advise me of your best festive buys so far this year and where I can get my mittens on them?
I am going into a generic town centre with all the usual shops, also have home bargains, b&m, the range, john lewis, tk maxx etc.

I am really just going for inspiration and to buy 'little extras' for people but what I am really looking for is a lovely stocking for my dd, as the one I got her last year was too small when it arrived.

Any help would be appreciated grin

makemineapinot Fri 14-Nov-14 21:41:30

Primark in Glasgow saved the day today for my dc with sone fab tat including Coca Cola pjs, a penguin pj bag (£2.50), bubblegum machines were £2.90 - exactly the same as the £6 ones in TK max, and got many more stocking fillers! BHS Xmas stuff was disappointing and overpriced �� Debenhams has a good sale on and I also got some bits n pieces in a John Lewis - craft sets etc. Hollister had lots of reduced stuff like jeans for £39 (some fir £9.99 but they were naff) and dome t shirts for £10- they also do their sickly sweet body sprays fir 3for £24 instead of £11 each - got 6 to cover the teens and preteens I normally spend £10 on as they all like that kinda stuff. Shop was hideously dark and hot - in fact I had a hot flush in there in front of the scantily clad young assistant!

duckbilled Fri 14-Nov-14 21:57:28

Thanks pinot I will make sure to head to primark and Debenhams, the penguin pj bag sounds lovely!
Totally agree with your description of Hollister, applecrumble and fish is just as bad. I feel like I am walking around a episode of the walking dead in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now