Talk

Advanced search

Thomas stuff for 21 month old

(7 Posts)
GreatSoprendo Fri 14-Nov-14 21:10:19

DS will be 21 months at Christmas and seems really taken with Thomas, so wanted to get him something Thomas related for Christmas. Is he a bit young for Take n Play? If not, which set would be best for a first start?

Or if he is too young, what's another Thomas 'thing' I could get him?

sliceofkate Fri 14-Nov-14 21:21:59

I got my nephew of the same age a remote control thomas.. I got it from amazon about £10 cheaper than I'd seen anywhere else. it's a chunky remote, only 2 buttons so easy to use. it came today and looks really good smile smile

WocketInMyPocket2 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:29:12

My DS is the same age Great and he's got loads of wooden track (not actual thomas track though) and the thomas trains. Spends all day playing with it!

Not sure about the take 'n play, personally i prefer the wooden.

Also got him these little books: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1405249854/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this 2-5 piece puzzle set:
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008IZHO12/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=29X58MU7LZ70L&coliid=II03OQRYICLD7&psc=1

GreatSoprendo Fri 14-Nov-14 21:35:57

Thanks slice - like the look of the remote control Thomas!
And thanks to you too wocket - hes really into puzzles so will definitely be ordering that one. Which trains is your DS using on the wooden track? I thought about getting some Bigjigs track to go with a Bigjigs train we already have, but wondered which Thomas trains would fit it?

WocketInMyPocket2 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:41:19

The wooden trains fit any of the standard wooden tracks like Brio, Tesco, John Lewis etc., and I assume BigJigs too (actually I'm sure they do because we have a BigJigs bridge).
The downside is that the wooden trains are more expensive than the die cast ones. DS also has some die cast ones and doesn't seem to care that they don't quite fit.

Elvish Fri 14-Nov-14 22:02:13

DS (20 months) has recently become obsessed with DDs take and play trains. He also really likes the DVDs we have from the supermarket with lots of TV episodes on them, we have Thomas, James and Percy and I think they were £5 each.

If you're looking for take and play check ebay, loads on there in good condition to build up a set.

GreatSoprendo Fri 14-Nov-14 22:05:55

Thanks all - lots of Thomas ideas to feed his latest obsession grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now