Talk

Advanced search

Help! Really stuck for ideas for 7 month DD!

(11 Posts)
NeedaDiscoNap Fri 14-Nov-14 20:45:25

DD will be 7 months old at Christmas. DH and I have bought her a noisy thing with different buttons to press/lights/noises and am planning to get her some bits for a treasure basket.

She is getting a walker from my brother and SIL and a few interactive toys from my parents and other relatives. Another relative has bought her high chair.

A few other people have asked what they can buy her and I'm really stuck! Her cousin is only 6 months older so she has inherited lots of brilliant stuff from her (e.g. Jumperoo). Her birthday is at the end of May so will prob get outdoor toys then.

What haven't I thought of? What went down well with your DC around the same age? Thanks!

RoseyRuby Fri 14-Nov-14 20:49:46

Clothes!! She won't really know what's going on so may as well get some usefull gifts? That's what I've suggested to people who've asked me for 8mo DS.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 14-Nov-14 20:52:58

The loveliest gift we got for dd1 when she was three months at xmas was a beautfiul babies first christmas snow globe...

icklekid Fri 14-Nov-14 20:55:08

Will you already have everything for weaning you will need? Long sleeved bibs, pots, plastic bowls/cutlery etc...

Sensory toys? Clothes?

ByTheWishingWell Fri 14-Nov-14 20:55:36

We asked for books for DD's first Christmas- we got both little board ones that she loved straight away, and some that she would grow into, e.g. the complete Beatrix Potter collection.

Yoruba Fri 14-Nov-14 21:01:39

Ooh yes to books. Build up a little library of things you'll love for years to come smile

How about a gait frog in a box?

NeedaDiscoNap Fri 14-Nov-14 21:02:14

Thanks everyone. WishingWell she has loads of books already, but that's a good idea for collections of books for when she's a bit older.

icklekid we have lots of weaning stuff too. My mum is a bit spend happy when it comes to her grandchildren and has bought us a lot of stuff already.

I was thinking about clothes actually. One of the people who has asked is my other SIL (DH's sister) and I, erm, don't share her taste, so not sure what she would buy. That makes me sound horrible doesn't it?!

Yoruba Fri 14-Nov-14 21:03:32

Sorry autocorrect! Galt!

NeedaDiscoNap Fri 14-Nov-14 21:05:07

I was wondering what a gait frog in a box was grin.

TwentyTinyToes Fri 14-Nov-14 21:06:45

Something for her bedroom? Clock or picture? Her name for her door?

ScrabbledLeggsAndToes Fri 14-Nov-14 21:28:00

The Fisher Price Chatterbox Phone is much loved here. Ds is 9 months old...He has been loving it for about a month. He also likes his Little Tikes drum.

What about bath toys for her to grow into? I have bought Fisher Price Basic Buckets for ds for Christmas - I had the same bath toy as a kid. I was surprised they still made them.smile

First Tooth and Curl Boxes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now