Talk

Advanced search

LGBT Christmas Cards?

(7 Posts)
elderflowerqueen Fri 14-Nov-14 16:42:20

I've just found out I am pregnant (grin) and would like to announce to close family by giving them Christmas cards ('Happy Christmas Granda' etc.) Until we have our dating scan in January, I am telling immediate family only, as well as my best friend and her partner. I'd like to go down the card route with them too, except I cannot find any 'auntie & auntie' or 'aunties' cards.
Does anyone know any particular suppliers that might do something like this? The budget is tight, and I work full time and go to evening classes too, so I don't think I'll have the time (or money) to make them myself, but I would love to see their faces when they see the card with that on it. I want to drive home that I see them as aunts to our child and not just a family friend, so it would be lovely to have something that suits them (only other thing I can think of is to find an 'auntie' card and draw and 's' on the end!)

Any help/suggestions welcome smile

EFQ
x

PesoPenguin Fri 14-Nov-14 16:44:57

I'm sure you could personalise one on moonpig or similar. Congratulations btw! smile

Mama1980 Fri 14-Nov-14 16:48:46

Congratulations thanks a close friend married his husband last year. I found moon pig/funky pigeon the best for allowing you to personalise cards.
Or I'm sure you could get one made on etsy cheaply, there are loads of sellers offering a personalised handmade service.

SophieBarringtonWard Fri 14-Nov-14 17:04:14

www.moonpig.com/uk/Product/Customise/13/LL966 I was able to personalise this one to say Merry Christmas Auntie & Auntie (hope the link works - if not anyway you can definitely do it on Moonpig)

BertieBotts Fri 14-Nov-14 17:39:34

yes moonpig definitely! smile

elderflowerqueen Sat 15-Nov-14 12:10:18

Thanks all! I was hesitant about Moonpig etc. as I thought their cards were a little cheesy (says she who is announcing pregnancy through Christmas cards - ha!) but have had a gander and definitely think that's the route to go down! I think I'm going to do those for everyone in fact so I can personalise the names on the front. Oooh, excited!

Thanks all smile

elderflowerqueen Wed 26-Nov-14 13:21:32

Update - Got the cards, have told (almost) everyone that we are telling (parents, siblings and the 2 friends that prompted this thread) and they were all over the moon, and really liked being told this way. It was funny watching them read and then twig at the moment of realisation at what the card said! On my side of the family, my sister and brother both already have kids so people are already used to being called 'auntie/gran' etc so they didn't think anything of it for a second until it occurred to them who was giving them the card. Certainly a special way to announce and gives them a nice little keepsake smile

Thanks again for the help.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now