Talk

Advanced search

Hex Bugs...any good?

(8 Posts)
DillydollyRIP Fri 14-Nov-14 14:04:48

I was ordering some bits for ds2 from toys r us, I needed to spend £1/2 to get £5 off so I bought him a hexbug for his stocking as it was only £2.99 and sounded quite fun.

I've looked into them a bit more and I've seen you can get all sorts of fancy tracks for them to go on, which look pretty good. My ds is 5, are hexbugs any good for that age or are they a bit naff now?

I have bought most of ds's christmas presents but am a bit twitchy! smile

stewierooibos Fri 14-Nov-14 15:36:15

Ds got some last year with a small track. He then bought a slightly bigger track with Christmas money. They're not played with every day but are still played with fairly regularly a year later. If you have a train track they are quite good on that too, also making tracks out of lego is fun.

ooerrmissus Fri 14-Nov-14 15:42:56

Brilliant, my DSs got some a couple of years ago. Still play with them occasionally. They eat batteries though, get some spares in.

jThompson Fri 14-Nov-14 16:24:57

DS has some and we'll add a bit more track this year.

Its one of those toys which comes and goes, he'll spend a few days creating tracks and racing bus then not touch it again for a !month. He's like that with most toys though.

squiggleirl Fri 14-Nov-14 16:27:24

My kids loved the small little Hexbug sets. We got them a bigger one, and to be honest, they lost interest. They did get huge value from the sets with just the little hexagon in them. They'd connect them together and giggle away at the bugs trying to escape.

DillydollyRIP Fri 14-Nov-14 16:53:57

Thanks all, think I might get a little playset too fsmile
I have an 8yo ds too who is lego mad so can imagine him making some sort of track out of lego.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Fri 14-Nov-14 17:06:11

I got one for the cat a few years ago, she loved it. grin

This year I've got ds a couple of v2s and a track set so we'll see if he likes it as much as the cat did.

DillydollyRIP Fri 14-Nov-14 17:20:39

I can imagine cats would like them too!
Think the one I ordered was one of the old nano ones as it wasn't expensive, I see the new ones can go upside down too?!
Funny little things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now