Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else not started yet?

(9 Posts)
code Fri 14-Nov-14 11:03:36

Normally by now i'm done. I found the build up really mad and stressful last year so purposefully haven't done anything yet. Plus we're getting 2 kittens this week so I've been preoccupied.

Last year I had lots of activities booked and it all felt a bit frenetic. So this year have booked local theatre and DH's work kid's party and that's it. Will do xmas tree farm and ice skating but this year I really want to scale back and get back to a cozy small christmas.

I just can't seem to get motivated, anyone else? p.s. I normally love Christmas. Have so many to buy for as well, I really don't remember my mum buying for all these people.

Arlagirl Fri 14-Nov-14 11:06:16

No I haven't.
But we have low key Xmas..only buy for teenage dcs. They seem to just want £££ this year .
H and I currently divorcing so unsure whether we'll buy for each otherconfused

Don't go overboard with food etc so don't get in a state about it.

code Fri 14-Nov-14 11:12:15

Thanks chamade - sorry to hear about your divorce.

It's all the present buying for extended family and friends I'm struggling with- no-one else seems as though they want to stop and I feel like a tight wad for suggesting it. We buy for 11 children plus our own and then 12 adults. I just don't seem to have the energy (or funds) this year. I also don't want DD to have a ton of presents, we have got rid of so much toot and the thought of gaining more is depressing.

FightingFires Fri 14-Nov-14 17:44:08

Haha.

I've a massive birthday to organise on 30th Nov, and a massive exam on 15 December.

I'm starting on the 17th, (yes, of December) and it will be FINE. I'm not even worried. grin

Rosa Fri 14-Nov-14 17:54:45

I bought 1 stocking filler today . I have a list of what to do just not done any of it yet !

StrawberryCheese Fri 14-Nov-14 19:21:10

I haven't started. I only have nine people to buy for but I still find it overwhelming as most of them DH's family are the kind of people who have everything and so are difficult. I also have my mum's birthday. I'm going away next week so hope to take advantage of some souvenir shopping and duty free.

Whenever I look for inspiration I keep seeing things I want for myself grin

ditavonteesed Fri 14-Nov-14 19:22:34

I havent, I started uni a month ago and completly forgot about christmas. starting to panic a wee bit now.

CMOTDibbler Fri 14-Nov-14 19:25:12

Ds's big present is bought as it can have a long delivery towards christmas, and thats it. I usually leave it all till December anyway tbh, and I find it hard to get excited about anyones presents except ds

ToniWol Fri 14-Nov-14 19:33:17

Not started. Just hit 41 weeks and still waiting for DC to arrive. Christmas is just going to have to wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now