Talk

Advanced search

Best Artificial Tree??

(10 Posts)
mummaduke Fri 14-Nov-14 09:48:47

Due to an inquisitive/naughty DS in the house now... We need to buy an artificial tree this year. I'm secretly quite relieved, much as I love the real deal, I won't miss the mess/faff!

So to those of you that fake it... What's the best tree on the market? I'm looking for a 6/7ft tree, traditional, and £100 ish. I like the JL moulded ones (v realistic needles), but reviews suggest they are a bit fragile!

Help me please!

gringringrin

BettyFocker Fri 14-Nov-14 10:12:46

We bought a Tesco Finest one about three years ago. I think it was around £75. It's 6ft and looks really full. And it has a subtle snow effect on some of the branches.

ChippyMinton Fri 14-Nov-14 10:22:24

It's tricky to recommend, as they get better each year smile.
I got one from Homebase a couple of years ago, which I'm happy with.
The trick to making it look good is "fluffing".

ilovepowerhoop Fri 14-Nov-14 14:35:25

my last one was from B&Q in the sale. It is 6ft and has snow effect on some of the branches

JustSpeakSense Fri 14-Nov-14 17:32:23

I second B & Q - massive range of all shapes & sizes (we got outs 7 years ago with built in lights, it's still perfect!)

pieceoftoast Fri 14-Nov-14 17:40:23

I don't like the conical ones as they look too fake so I was thrilled to find one in Ikea a couple of years ago that looks real and isn't a conical bog brush. I don't actually think it's exactly the same as the one in my link but it's similar and maybe they don't sell it anymore/we fashion the branches slighty differently? It's good quality.

m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/30258687/

groovejet Sat 15-Nov-14 12:25:29

We got a national tree company tree last year and I love it, similar to this one www.alton-gardencentre.co.uk/6ft-winchester-pine-pre-lit-christmas-tree-with-400-led-soft-white-lights/p1767

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 15-Nov-14 13:36:53

We bought this one just last week. We had also been looking at the John Lewis ones. Free deliver and arrived really quickly. Haven't had it out the box property yet but it looks good. And I really like the shape of it.

skinnyamericano Sat 15-Nov-14 13:42:46

We have one from 'The Range' which, I have to admit, I'm thrilled with! I was a Christmas tree snob, but have been converted. We have only had it for one year, though, so can't comment on how it stores/looks one year on.

mummaduke Sat 15-Nov-14 20:33:11

Interesting, thanks all! My MIL suggested The Range, I'd never heard of it but might get myself down to one... Quite like theirs online!

Also love ikea, so thanks for the tip! No idea they did trees grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now