Talk

Advanced search

Presents for runner

(12 Posts)
gravyandspuds Thu 13-Nov-14 22:50:25

Any good Christmas ideas for someone into running,DH has got quite into it recently enough that he hasn't acquired a load of gadgets etc so thought I might be able to get him something for that?

PurpleWithRed Thu 13-Nov-14 22:52:37

Really good socks. excellent earphones. One of those heart monitor thingies. Magazine subscription. Bucket of ibuprofen gel.

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Nov-14 22:54:41

Good torch, hi vis, hydration backpack, voucher for decent trainer fitting?

Morrigu Thu 13-Nov-14 22:55:08

GPS watch? Garmins are quite popular, I have a Garmin forerunner myself. Tracks your speed, distance, time etc and you can upload info to garmin connect on net.

BikeRunSki Thu 13-Nov-14 22:55:48

Merino wool running socks (pearl Izumi, from Amazon), merino wool base layer (Howies, Icebreaker)
Buff
Head torch
Garmin gps thingy
IPod

sweetkitty Thu 13-Nov-14 22:56:14

I'm a marathon widow, I would suggest good running socks, running clothes, earphones, a Garmin (costly but great according to DP), a voucher for a running shop so he can get proper running trainers, jelly babies, plasters and Vaseline (all essential for long distances)

CMOTDibbler Fri 14-Nov-14 08:14:21

Def really good socks. Yurbuds earphones. If he is a sweaty type, then DH got a Halo sweatband recently, and it completely stops sweat running into his eyes which buffs etc never did.
Wiggle have a great range of running stuff, and their own brand - DHB - is v good quality

gravyandspuds Fri 14-Nov-14 08:33:13

These are great! I hadn't heard of half of the things so had to google a lot of those!Thanks!

LittleMissGreen Fri 14-Nov-14 09:03:29

Agree with lots of above.
At sports direct you can get little reflective armbands that have flashy LEDs in, useful if running at night. Think they usually are reduced to about £2

mimiasovitch Fri 14-Nov-14 18:52:21

My dh loves his garmin. Socks are always welcome too. I've seen a fleece headband (the ear warmer type) with Bluetooth earphones in. I liked the idea of that very much.

HeyheyheyGoodbye Fri 14-Nov-14 19:04:36

FIL runs - well-relieved gifts in the past have included very thin but warm runner's hat and gloves from a sports shop, and some personalised runner's chocolate from Not On the High Street smile

I had a similar thread a little while back.

In the past I've done a hamper for dp which contained things like: socks, hat, water bottle on a belt, energy gels, sports drinks, jelly babies, hi-vis jacket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now