Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 18 month old

(18 Posts)
Nocturne123 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:34:59

Sorry for a start . I've seen loads of these threads but have managed to miss them all and am apparently useless at searching . The ones that I've found are quite old.

We were going to get dd (18months) something for the garden for christmas but have decided to wait for better weather .

What is everyone getting their 18 month old? My parents are getting her a trike and I am completely at a loss !

She is extremely active , doesn't have much interest in dolls and has a wee kitchen which she is just starting to take an interest in .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as any stocking filler ideas smile

candykane25 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:40:18

Happyland cottage and a hello kitty kitchen.

Grandparents are getting her a wooden rocking horse.

Nocturne123 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:41:23

Thanks ! Definitely going to check out the happyland stuff it seems quite popular

ByTheWishingWell Thu 13-Nov-14 20:50:01

DD will be 16 months at Christmas. She will be getting this bowling set:
www.wickeduncle.co.uk/presents/boys/age-2/monster-bowling-set?source=HpPB

This rocker: (which we got in 50% off sale, but which is back to full price)
www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_107528_10001

Plenty of books, bought in bulk from The Book People, a little xylophone (she's already an expert at making a racket with a drum and maracas!) and some hand puppets. I think little board books, crayons, and maybe a bit of chocolate for stocking fillers this year.

Mrsgrumble Thu 13-Nov-14 20:53:59

Our DS is a bt younger but we bought him a scuttlebug, some trucks and also musical instruments

Music and action cd or DVD is another thing we might get

He also loves mega bloks - that could be an idea

I would love to buy him (me) a cute puppet for reading stories with hm

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 13-Nov-14 20:54:03

Happyland stuff.

The wooden IKEA playkitchen is reduced at the moment and ours was well played with from dds 2nd birthday.

andadietcoke Thu 13-Nov-14 20:54:22

My DTs are having Space Hopperz, Toot Toot Drivers and Safari, Monty and Mabel, bits of clothes, Aquadraw travel mats.

TwentyTinyToes Thu 13-Nov-14 20:56:03

Duplo, lasts for ages and you can keep adding to it. It will be played with for years.

slushie Thu 13-Nov-14 20:57:41

dd will be 18mo at xmas. She is getting a toot toot garage, finger puppets, a couple of books, kitchen and play food, a scooter (it starts with 4 wheels and you can remove them to 2 as they get more confident) and a cleaning set and hoover.

riskit4abiskit Thu 13-Nov-14 21:11:09

toot toot garage

happyland

soft skittles from ikea

books

Nocturne123 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:48:38

Thanks everyone

HaroldLloyd Thu 13-Nov-14 21:52:05

Playmobil 123 things are nice

DS is a little bit older, will be 22 mo at Christmas he had a share in an ikea kitchen, playmobil 123 zoo and he loves duplo and musical instruments.

hoppus Thu 13-Nov-14 22:00:34

Mines getting a kitchen and a stack of books. I will be watching this thread as I am out of ideas after that, she already has lots of megabloks and too many toys tbh. Finger puppets sound good.

HaroldLloyd Thu 13-Nov-14 23:01:42

I got little bits like a duck whistle, balloons harmonica and binoculars which I'm sure they will play with more than the kitchen.

wtftodo Thu 13-Nov-14 23:16:56

Ours is getting a kitchen, dolly carrier, wooden cutting food, puzzles, Playmobil zoo, easel, Duplo, octons, train set (nb this is from various relatives etc not just us)

attheendoftheday Fri 14-Nov-14 00:42:54

Dd2 is a couple of months older, I'm getting her a wooden castle with playmobil figures to share with her sister, a dolls bed (ikea one), some peppa pig figures, a mini micro scooter (she already scoots well on her sister's scooter), happyland rocket and several books.

The things we already have that she really loves are a rocking horse, duplo, plastic farm animals and a tea set.

For stocking fillers we have some peppa pig bath paint, a foam plane building kit, a harmonica, some new (to us!) trains for the wooden train set, some little books, choc coins, sugar mouse, funky socks and a cuddly toy (to stick out of the top). When Dd1 was that age we did musical instruments and bath toys, both of which went down well.

Dinnerfor1 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:01:40

Dd (2) is getting the Happyland cottage, duplo, the playmobil 123 zoo and toy pots and pans.

I think all the playmobil 123 stuff looks lovely and I think it will be played with for a few years before she grows out of it.

Sootgremlin Fri 14-Nov-14 10:37:34

I've got my twelve month old Happyland, Playmobil 123 and a big box of Duplo (check out Asda, half price on some sets at mo, and Duplo is expensive) as she has hear birthday right after. Christmas so getting things to last the year.

18 months is when their play capability really kicks off. Megabloks (the big ones) are also could for that age, first building, but duplo has more longevity and better quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now