Talk

Advanced search

If you're doing Elf on the Shelf...

(93 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 13-Nov-14 20:28:02

What does your elf get up to?

I'm after ideas smile

lucysmam Thu 13-Nov-14 20:28:56

oh and no haterz plz! My kids will find it fun finding the elf doing random things so go piddle on someone else's parade...ta smile

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 13-Nov-14 20:47:34

my dd LOVED it when elf painted her nose!

put knickers on tree

wrote on car in shaving foam...

lucysmam Thu 13-Nov-14 20:49:34

How'd you get away with nose painting then? Wonder if I could get away with that. They have to walk past a mirror to get to the bathroom on a morning grin

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 13-Nov-14 20:52:02

just did it when asleep took seconds grin she loved it, i think we did ours too, and she said dadddy there is something on your nose and he said..is there...hang on, there is something on yours too!! then we all looked and found elf with paint or pen

FernArable Thu 13-Nov-14 20:55:19

here and here

My favourite one was when our elf got drunk.

Imnotweirdimlimitededition1 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:01:17

I love elf on the shelf soo much!
- Try food colouring in toilet we used red with elf sitting as if he had peed in it,
- elf on several cushions sitting in car seat with car positioning that it looks like elf has crashed into flower pot
- elf tied up by firemen(happy land characters) & then elf ties them up in revenge the next night
- elf roasting mini marshmallows over a candle.
-One of the kids favourite has to be their noses being painted red with elf at blackboard with note to say " look in the mirror".

lucysmam Thu 13-Nov-14 21:02:19

I'll add nose painting to my list! Dd2 is a light sleeper so I'll have to slot it in when I can get away with it grin

Cataline Thu 13-Nov-14 21:07:04

I love the nose painting idea!

lucysmam Thu 13-Nov-14 21:10:46

These are fab! Thank you so much. I'm going to put pipe cleaners in his arms and legs tomorrow so he can cling to stuff & should probably order my list so anything 'big' happens on a weekend.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 13-Nov-14 22:13:34

elf tied up by firemen(happy land characters) & then elf ties them up in revenge the next night

Love this one, will do this with our dinasours will have them all surrounding her...loooking menacing

I had to get right balance between being faux annoyed with elf and threatening to send her back and finding it funny.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 13-Nov-14 22:13:52

our elf is ikea so more hard to postin...

Pikkewyn Thu 13-Nov-14 22:18:43

Ours decorate the tree with knickers, drew eyebrows on with eyeliner, wrapped the loo in wrapping paper, put a false beard and eyebrows on a large t-rex (because his arms are too short to remove them) T-rex's revenge where he taped elf to a chair until she apologised, wrapped the tree in loo roll, made a flying fox out of ribbon and slid down the stairs, attempted to make breakfast pancakes and made a mess instead, wrote 'good morning' on the bathroom mirror in toothpaste plus much much more!

BumGravy Thu 13-Nov-14 22:19:34

Ours wrote notes in tiny elf handwriting on tiny pieces of paper.

Be nice to your sister.
Don't pick your nose.
Yes you will tidy your room.

We are mean parents smile

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 13-Nov-14 22:57:35

Well bum with a name like that.....grin

Guitargirl Fri 14-Nov-14 00:42:36

I love the nose painting idea, am going to try that this year.

From previous years particularly memorable ones are:

Building a Christmas tree from lego

Elf playing with barbies

Elf in a bath of marshmallows

Elf decorated DD's dolls house with Christmas decorations

Elf writing with red and green M&Ms

Elf reading mini Christmas books

Elf on his own bike sitting next to DC's bikes

Elf found sleeping in his own sleeping bag

This year elf is decorating kitchen with frozen themed decorations

And this year for the first time boy elf is going to be accompanied by a friend - girl elf. They each have personalised jumpers and aprons.

God, when I write this down I sound like I have a screw loose. I don't honestly.

tanya1312 Fri 14-Nov-14 06:27:43

Snow angels in bathroom with talc
Marshmallow bath
Loo roll the Xmas tree
Turn milk pink
Bungee jump off curtain rail
Stuck to ceiling
Decorate kids room with Xmas bedding and decs
Play connect 4 with other toys and empty beer cans laying next to them

This year, redo some of the favourites plus
Googly eyes on fridge items
Green toilet water elf sitting by toilet
Snowball fight
Colouring books
And last year and this year the northpole breakfast can't remember what else xx

Madlett Fri 14-Nov-14 07:06:17

I hate to sound a bit stupid but what exactly is elf on the shelf? It sounds like it could be something my girls will love.

tanya1312 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:36:10

It's an elf that comes and stays from 1-24 dec and when your children go to sleep the elf comes 'alive' and gets up to antics leaves treats and let's santa know if your naughty/nice.
The original elf tends to have a no touch rule though you don't have to keep to that. It's great fun. Loads of ideas on Pinterest and FB page christmas elf antics x

blub Fri 14-Nov-14 07:42:36

Drew glasses and moustache on a family photo (on glass of a photo frame with a whiteboard pen!)
Did 'Elf Yourself' with photos of himself and all the family.
Took hundreds of selfies on DS's phone.
Set up a Facebook account and requested DS. He also posted pictures of his antics each day. DS was mortified and refused to accept him!
(DS is older so may not be as relevant ...)

Lastminutelizzie Fri 14-Nov-14 09:45:57

Where can I buy an elf ?

Mummyboo30 Fri 14-Nov-14 10:11:51

It depends which style of elf you want, we have a popinkins from Amazon. She has bendy arms and legs which helps to position her. smile

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 14-Nov-14 10:18:10

It's an elf that comes and stays from 1-24 dec and when your children go to sleep the elf comes 'alive' and gets up to antics leaves treats and let's santa know if your naughty/nice.

You can have the elf any way to suit you, I didnt fancy a whole month of coming up with ideas, so our elf from Ikea, came for one week only and that was plenty for us, we googled north pole letters to find good letter heads and made our own letter.

we said elf has come as a gsture of goodwill and tries to get round all children in world and noticed hasn't been to us yet. SO would like to stay with us for a week so can help FC get to know the children and what sort of things they like for presents...usually new elfs get his job and as such can be prone to extreme nauthyness^ in which case, send back....if it gets really bad, dont touch elf etc.

lucysmam Fri 14-Nov-14 10:38:45

We have a Card factory elf - he's not poseable so am going to put pipe cleaners in arms/legs so he is.

tanya1312 Fri 14-Nov-14 10:42:14

Places for elf
Sainsburys £5 low stock
Card factory 99p-1.99
Clinton cards £4
Then the online sellers not sure of links but I'm sure if you google christmas elf/elf on shelf your get links xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now