Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My plans for this year.....

(10 Posts)
BloodyDogHairs Thu 13-Nov-14 12:44:02

are Christmas eve - meal at Indian restaurant, Xmas day - total slob day, kids want pizza, and I'm thinking a big plate of macaroni cheese or chicken fajitas, followed by endless rubbish shock . Boxing day I have a table booked for our Xmas meal.

Every year I'm run ragged sorting a big meal on Xmas day that the DC's end up wasting so I'm going for the easy option.

My mother of course thinks I'm terrible for not cooking a turkey on Xmas day! but I have 4 DC's so my day will be filled with wrestling with the plastic packaging of the toys.

Arlagirl Thu 13-Nov-14 12:51:52

If it works for you... We always go out for dinner Xmas eve, I make lasagne or shoulder of lamb to bung in oven Xmas day.. We go for drinks at lunchtime with friends. Boxing day...out to lunch at Vote or Strada. Not a turkey in sight

HoHoHappyHolidays Thu 13-Nov-14 12:56:18

Sounds brilliant smile I hope your slob day includes wearing super soft fuzzy pjs :D

50shadesofknackered Thu 13-Nov-14 12:57:45

We're going to my mum's for breakfast on Christmas eve and we'll be having a takeaway Christmas eve (prob Chinese or pizza) and as I am probably on a late shift on Christmas day I'm going to order picky party food from M &S for dh and dc.We're going to my mum's again on boxing day so we'll have our Christmas dinner then. Can't wait (except for the working part).

ilovehotsauce Thu 13-Nov-14 13:01:09

Sounds lovely! You'll be able to watch dcs open presents and play and have lovely family times! Which is what Christmas is all about! Enjoy it!

MegaClutterSlut Thu 13-Nov-14 13:07:32

Sounds good op smile Xmas eve we spend the day in our pj's watching christmas films whilst eating shite then a Chinese for dinner. Xmas day get up at 7 open pressies, then round my mums between 10-11 where all 4 of my brothers and there kids will be round too, then back home by 1-2 to cook christmas dinner then round the inlaws by 7. Knackering day but it wouldn't be christmas if we were to do it any other way we have tried

BloodyDogHairs Thu 13-Nov-14 13:26:49

thanks, I'm really looking forward to this year as I have a 1 & 3 year old so it feels like the magic of Xmas is back since my older 2 haven't believed in Santa for a few years grin

DH wanted to go to the Indian on Xmas day but I'd rather stay in and eat rubbish and watch rubbish telly.

PizzaPasta Thu 13-Nov-14 13:30:37

I'd love to not have turkey on Xmas day! DP wouldn't never let me though. I may put my foot down next year though. wink

Sounds great op. smile

RedButtonhole Thu 13-Nov-14 13:39:18

I love cooking and feeding everybody, but do alot of prep etc on Christmas eve.

To be honest I think we'd eat out more over Christmas if we didn't live about 40 minutes drive away from the nearest proper restaraunts and have more family members at Christmas than we do seats in cars.

Christmas should be enjoyable for everyone, not just children so if you hate faffing about for hours in the kitchen then there's little point in you doing it.

Enjoy your fajitas grin

fuzzpig Thu 13-Nov-14 16:00:25

Sounds amazing to me! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now