Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for nearly 5yo DD for Christmas?! Please

(14 Posts)
SunsineAndRainbows Thu 13-Nov-14 11:58:13

I'm completely stuck don't know what to get DD for Christmas this year, she don't even know herself and keeps asking for stuff she already has, or has a similar version of.

she currently mainly plays with:

- Dolls house and sylvanian animals
- Barbie dolls & Car
- My little ponies
- Toy kitchen, buggy and a baby doll etc (role play toys, but she seems to not be as interested in them lately)

She has a bike but struggles with riding it and we also have a scooter skates and other out door toys.

I just draw a blank when looking for things to get her!

Please inspire me with ideas!

306235388 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:10:14

Tickets for something?
CD player and CDs?
MLP equestria dolls
Frozen if she's into it?
Arts and craft stuff
Clothes she'll like
Face paints for you to do her face?
Hairdressing set
Doctors kit

vikjul Thu 13-Nov-14 12:24:48

I think that getting more of what she already has and plays with would actually be a good idea. Less clutter, easy to store and more play value added to her existing toys! How about adding some smaller Sylvanian sets that she could use with her dollhouse?

Otherwise, Magnatiles are absolutely wonderful but expensive. They go very well with small world type toys (for building houses, towers, castles, zoos, prisons etc etc), so as she likes Sylvanians they might be a good match.

Another fun thing is self-adhesive blackboard film, it comes on a roll and you cut out the length you want and stick it to a wall (it comes off) and you can use chalk with it for drawing/writing/playing schools.

vikjul Thu 13-Nov-14 12:26:44

Come to think of it, it might be difficult to wrap the blackboard film as it just looks like a boring roll. But once it's up on the wall it's popular both with my dd (6) and her friends.

crazykat Thu 13-Nov-14 12:32:19

More clothes for her Barbie

Barbie friends

More sylvanian families

Dressing up clothes

Kids nail varnish that peels off

Bath bombs

Bubble bath

strawberryshoes Thu 13-Nov-14 12:36:23

Board games? Orchard do some lovely ones, my DD currently loves the 3 little pigs game and still asks to play shopping list with me.

Jigsaws? Frozen one is this years ask from DD.

She has also asked for pretend tattoos (stocking filler though really) and a hat / scarf / gloves set.

Otherwise I shall be watching this thread in case there is some inspiration I have not thought of!

gastrognome Thu 13-Nov-14 12:37:30

Playmobil? Lots of nice sets (city/zoo/horses/farm/palace, etc.) depending on her interests.

Hirvi Thu 13-Nov-14 15:29:52

Lego.
My DD is the same age and plays with Duplo every day. We are getting her some of the small lego for christmas.

Sticker books. Usborne dolly sticker dressing are great ones.

KatieHartfield Thu 13-Nov-14 15:48:36

My daughter is 5, in a lucky position her grandparents own a toy shop so walked round with her and she pointed out Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden dress up Dolls, very good quality and currently in the 2 for £15 deal xx www.toymaster.co.uk/#toymaster_window

Sazorchard31 Thu 13-Nov-14 15:52:09

My dd is 4.5. We've got her a balance bike as she's petrified of taking stabilisers off, and lots of frozen stuff and board games...junior cluedo, junior monopoly etc, there are loads out there.

What about Lego? Dd loves it! Dressing up sets?

SandyFlipFlop Thu 13-Nov-14 18:33:28

My DD is the the same age and this year is getting Playmobil. No idea if she will like, I don't think she has ever even seen it. Have read lots about it on here so decided to go for it and have the caravan and swimming pool. Other things she will get/ has and loves playing with:

Frozen top trumps

Dressing up clothes

Jigsaws

Tin tea-set

The Duplo ice-cream kit she loves. Not many pieces and you just made ice-creams and lolly's, but she spends ages playing with it.

Games like snap and dominoes (Grufflalo ones), Orchard games. Have bought Kerplunk for Xmas.

Sticker books

Colour by numbers colouring books

Doctor's kit

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 13-Nov-14 18:39:59

moshi monsters? my dd loves hers we have quite a few now!

Disney store figures and the DVD

dressing up costumes or accessories

CD player and audio books/CDs

I would add to her existing collections if she does enjoy them, thats pretty much what we are doing this year for dd grin

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Thu 13-Nov-14 19:12:40

My dd is getting lego, a styling head doll thingy, jewellery making set and a trampoline to share with her sister. What about books? A good series- maybe try the book people. Ones to be read to her might be nice, my dd loves the "my naughty little sister" books
Little stocking fillers: little live pet, mini lego sets, my little pony figure, craft sets, fimo and a magazine

She isn't in to role play but adores crafts and these are mostly used up so no extra stuff lying around smile

Leeds2 Thu 13-Nov-14 19:21:54

A dressing up box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now