Talk

Advanced search

Opinions needed - 4yo DD - Asda Dolls House or Sylvanian Families??

(10 Posts)
PogoBob Wed 12-Nov-14 19:44:46

In a bit of a dilemma about DM's present for DD.

I had suggested the Asda wooden's dolls house, DD hasn't asked for it as such but likes Happyland, playmobil and dolls/figures of all sizes so figured it would go down well.

She is now asking for Sylvanian families having seen TV adverts and I don't know whether to suggest returning the wooden house and starting a sylvanian family collection or just sticking with the dolls house.

Another option would be looking for a reduced SF family for her to play with in the dolls house - it's all too confusing.

Curlygirly Wed 12-Nov-14 20:27:08

Sylvanians are great but the clothes are very fiddly to get on & off. Dd is nearly 7 and can still get frustrated with the clothes but loves them. She never played with her doll house but plays loads with the Sylvanian house.

PogoBob Wed 12-Nov-14 20:42:38

thanks Curlygirl, am leaning towards SF a bit but that may because I find them cute!!

PesoPenguin Wed 12-Nov-14 20:48:04

I'd try to find a reduced set to play with in the dolls house!

coolaschmoola Wed 12-Nov-14 20:49:57

Sylvanian Families are very expensive for what they are.

PogoBob Wed 12-Nov-14 20:59:36

totally torn now - but whichever house I go with I think I'm going to have to get the meercat family for me DD!

prettydaisies Wed 12-Nov-14 21:36:17

DD still plays with her sylvanians and she's 13.

stewierooibos Thu 13-Nov-14 18:56:06

My dd has a normal dolls house for her sylvanians. Works well. She has a mixture of sylvanian and civilian furniture.

marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 19:00:56

I would stick to the dolls house, you can always use it with sylvanians as she gets older. We bought sylvanians for dd when she was 4.5 and she found them a bit fiddly and hardly played with them, she has only just become really interested at the age of 8 and has asked for the tree school.

gravyandspuds Thu 13-Nov-14 22:09:07

We have a big old dolls house we got handed down and DD uses her Sylvanian families in it.I was able to paper and floor the dolls house and she loves adding to it.
I got the Sylvanian families on gumtree so not they weren't v dear either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now