Talk

Advanced search

DH has caught the christmas shopping bug...

(7 Posts)
Frontron Wed 12-Nov-14 19:25:17

...oops it could get expensive lol.

He never has any interest in xmas shopping and usually rolls his eyes at me when I suggest things for DS's but today he came home with a xmas bedding set for each of them to put in the Dec 1st hamper and whilst at the shop just now he's sent me a pic of the chocolate gruffalos with a question mark lol

Anyone else got a partner just as bad as them?

bryonyelf Wed 12-Nov-14 19:31:43

Sadly not. My DH would do all present and food shopping when he finishes work at 6 on Christmas Eve. It just wouldn't occur to him to do it any earlier and it wouldn't occur to him that the shops would be shut which is just odd as he works for a huge courier company.

DamselNotInHerDress Wed 12-Nov-14 19:36:32

No! I don't real like shopping but will do as much online as possible.
Dp doesn't go to shops (apart from supermarket at the weekend) and isn't a browser. If he's going in for x and y, he comes out with x and y.
He does his Christmas shopping (for me) on Christmas Eve.

NorwaySpruce Wed 12-Nov-14 19:39:54

Yes, me!

He used to be a 'hit the shops on the way home on Christmas Eve' type, but he's been converted.

Now I'm afraid to buy anything from August to December, in case he has it stashed away somewhere already.

Although he has been known to lose the plot completely, and buy totally random things more suited to bed-bound elderly relatives. There is usually at least one photo of Christmas morning showing me with a rictus WTF grin fgrin <-- like that!

And he takes pride in finding the most obscure, whacky, hard to find things on the planet for the children.

PesoPenguin Wed 12-Nov-14 20:37:29

Dh is this year but only because DS is getting a motorbike. He wouldn't be interested otherwise fgrin

saintsandpoets Wed 12-Nov-14 20:39:32

Wtf is a December the 1st hamper?

I know its a hamper of presents at the start of advent, obviously. But when did that become a thing? How have I missed it?

LokiBear Wed 12-Nov-14 20:45:55

My DH is an enabler. He supports me fully in making lists in July and buying things as I see them in the sales. He does very little. Although every now and then he will buy something on impulse and walk around proudly. I have to pat him on the head and tell him how clever he is. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now