Talk

Advanced search

does anyone know where I can get these cheap?

(8 Posts)
SLMummy Tue 11-Nov-14 17:40:20

I've recently started a new job and as such am skintaroo so once again everyone will be getting home made gifts for Christmas.

I need to find somewhere I can buy wee jars for mulled wine and gift bags. Will probably need around 10 of each. can anyone help me?

sunflower49 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:45:01

Charity shops or markets/jumble sales.

Ask if anybody you know has any going spare? They tend to be the sort of thing that 'mounts up' in folk's houses.

lucysmam Tue 11-Nov-14 17:48:56

Home Bargains might have some nice cheap jars if there's one near you smile

McFox Tue 11-Nov-14 17:58:34

When I need jars for stuff like this I tend to look at what's in the supermarket basic ranges that I can reuse. I needed a couple of bottles so I bought pickling vinegar from Sainsburys yesterday for 90p! I'll decant and use the vinegar and the bottles will be reused for making flavoured booze gifts.

attheendoftheday Tue 11-Nov-14 18:49:13

You can get new jars on ebay for £10.25 for 12 including postage.

atticusclaw Tue 11-Nov-14 18:51:22

Buy basics jam or lemon curd for 22p and wash off the labels. Then paint the tops with blackboard paint.

Tallypet Tue 11-Nov-14 19:05:09

I think ikea do those jarst (like kilner) from 80p upwards. Not expensive at all. I used them for home made scone mixes once

catsofa Tue 11-Nov-14 19:08:46

Try a wanted ad on Freecycle/Freegle in your area, lots of people like me collect them but rarely get around to using them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now