Talk

Advanced search

Rotor copter? It's on the tv and I can't google it, help please

(10 Posts)
petswinprizes Tue 11-Nov-14 15:40:57

Just that really - it's the only easily achievable thing on my son's Christmas list (unless anyone knows where to get a 'plastic sabre-tooth tiger's long tooth'!!!). He's seen them advertised, I've had a look on Tesco/argos and can't find anything. Can anyone help?

PfftTheMagicDraco Tue 11-Nov-14 15:44:41

Are these the quadcopters?

petswinprizes Tue 11-Nov-14 15:48:07

I don't have a clue - he described it as a helicopter in a ball that can bounce of things, but when I google it I just get proper remote control helicopters, not a toy thing advertised on the tele. Will try quadcopter, thanks.

petswinprizes Tue 11-Nov-14 15:53:09

Not sure, can't see any that look like a ball, and they look a bit more for grown-ups. Am hoping that someone will come along that has seen them in the tv adverts and can give me a proper spelling/idea.

breadsoda Tue 11-Nov-14 15:58:23

Is it this? My ds was apparently asking his gps for the same thing for his birthday!
www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/construction-cars/c-412/radio-control-helicopters-planes/p-6996/air-hogs-rollercopter/

petswinprizes Tue 11-Nov-14 16:08:01

YES! Thanks - he's obviously told santa the wrong thing - thankyou so much for your help!!

BUT - it's Air Hog, and both things we've had from them in the past have been returned. The car that drives on walls didn't, and the ball thing that hovered above your hand worked brilliantly for only half an hour. What to do?? You'll probably see an 'AIBU to buy a present that won't last' later tonight unless I find some fantastic reviews!

schmeegle Tue 11-Nov-14 16:12:28

I'd say its the air hog above.

My wee man was on about the same thing.

Only he was calling it an Air Hawk.....spent sooooo long looking for that grin

breadsoda Tue 11-Nov-14 16:13:02

Ha ha I was thinking that was it. I didn't know that about the air hog things but I know Argos were sold out of this (and pretty much everything else) due to their 3 for 2 on toys. Will keep an eye on AIBU then as would like to see some reviews myself smile

schmeegle Tue 11-Nov-14 16:25:33

I didn't actually get this in the end based on the reviews so can't really say how good or not it is.

MonstersBalls Tue 11-Nov-14 16:33:28

That's interesting about the air hogs car. I was thinking of getting this for dd for Christmas but have been put off by the reviews. What's the point of saying it can climb walls when so many reviews say it can't! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now