Talk

Advanced search

Christmas magic :)

(12 Posts)
bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 11-Nov-14 11:48:12

DH accidentally left the loft hatch a smidge open while dd's were out the other day. Dd1(4) is now totally convinced that it is where the elves are hiding, watching to see f she is being good grin she stands and stares at it for ages with a huge grin on her face. It's so lovely. Christmas is so magical for them at this age without even having to put in any effort!!

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Tue 11-Nov-14 12:06:59

how lovely!!!

MrsCK Tue 11-Nov-14 12:17:28

Oh my goodness that's amazing! have you thought about doing elf on the shelf at all? maybe towards the end of November you could move the hatch again and have the elf poking out?! would be an amazing way to introduce it!!

EmGee Tue 11-Nov-14 14:01:14

That is so cute. Definitely put a little elf up there as MrsCK suggests!

Floggingmolly Tue 11-Nov-14 14:03:27

smile

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 11-Nov-14 15:00:35

She is sweet! She stands and stares at it and if I ask what she is looking at she giggles and runs off. I only know she thinks its elves cos I heard her telling dd2 grin

I have considered elf on the shelf but not sure she will be convinced by it tbh, and I don't wanna ruin the imagination. Although I have thought of leaving a little elf hat for her to find

financialwizard Tue 11-Nov-14 15:01:21

OMG so cute.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Tue 11-Nov-14 15:22:25

My very shrewd and sharp dd was convinced last year by elf and loved her...I left her out with a letter from north pole, my own letter and made elf work for us, we said elf had come to check out what the children were like so FC could bring suitable gifts...nothing about being nauthy, our elf said may or may not be back next year and our elf stayed about a week.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 11-Nov-14 15:25:02

Did you say it was a real elf?? Love the idea of elf on the shelf and is love to do it. I just can't see that she would believe it, she is hugely unconvinced by the fairy door in the tree

jopickles Tue 11-Nov-14 16:15:09

my sister went to a show the other week that had a confetti cannon and ended up covered in gold bits of paper well they are now turning up everywhere and my daughter believes me when I tell her its a sign the elves have been to keep an eye on her

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Tue 11-Nov-14 16:17:21

Yes real elf, but you cant touch her as fragile magic....you must leave her where she is.

its sweet enough she is looking at hatch, i think little elf hat would be so cute...and probably just enough you know own child....

mine has been super sharp on labels, mummy why is this got lable from factory when its come from work shop etc! so now I have to cut all lables off go into breif but meaty explanations, be super sharp I wrap FC gifts in paper she will NEVER SEE IN shops...

although of course re your child and elf the bigger the lie more likely to belive. infact DD said last night she hopes ellie comes back, I pretenend to think she was talking about old school friend and she said " no, ellie who painted my nose one night dont you remeber the naughty elf"!!

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 11-Nov-14 17:03:01

That's really sweet. I like the idea of the elves coming to watch to see what they like smile I am stealing that one!!
Hadn't thought about wrapping paper- I was going to get aldi one but i guess she will see that one quite a lot!! Soooo much to think about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now