Talk

Advanced search

is it my duty to test this purchase?

(10 Posts)
traviata Tue 11-Nov-14 11:44:19

I found myself in Hotel Chocolat yesterday, and somehow this fell into my basket.

Do you think I ought to try it before adding it to the festive table? I mean, we need to be sure that it's tasty, right?

glenthebattleostrich Tue 11-Nov-14 11:52:17

Well I wouldn't say it's your duty but you would be failing your family if you serve up substandard chocolate at Christmas

AuntieStella Tue 11-Nov-14 12:02:50

I think it's definitely something to check personally.

(And I do like the site's cookie warning for featuring a very chocolate-y brownie).

chanie44 Tue 11-Nov-14 12:28:40

Yes, you need to test it and let us know how you get on.

sillymillyb Tue 11-Nov-14 12:31:53

Do it for the children.... And for mumsnet.... We are all rooting for you here, you can do this!

50shadesofknackered Tue 11-Nov-14 12:34:42

It would be wrong not to grin

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Tue 11-Nov-14 13:18:57

Absolutely, it would be terrible if Christmas was ruined by inferior chocolate grin

SeeChooJimmy Tue 11-Nov-14 13:25:02

I personally love my family that much I would test twice just to be sure its adequate grin

traviata Tue 11-Nov-14 16:01:31

Ok, thanks everyone, I'm going in......
<rustling and munching>

First reports are positive. Very positive.

however it tastes quite distinctly of cherry kirsch so will unfortunately not be suitable for the DC as if I didn't know that. What a shame grin. And DH is not really that into chocolate, so I can't ask his opinion.

I think I may just have to see it through now that it is started (although not all in one day, that might be slightly excessive).

chloejaynemummy Mon 17-Nov-14 20:06:45

m.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/collections/products/cooking-chocolate/white-chocolate-raspberry-jam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now