Talk

Advanced search

OK, Any ideas for presents for DSs, 13 & 15?

(15 Posts)
Erebus Tue 11-Nov-14 10:35:55

Really have no idea this year! Neither are sporty, outdoorsy or fashion conscious, both are 'teched-up'.

Beyond some necessary new clothes for DS1 (hoody and T shirts), no idea!

DS, 13, is a bit easier in that he still loves Lego, though we could already build a full-sized real house with the kilos we own...

All I can think of for DS, 15, is one of those 'driving lessons for kids' you see advertised!

What are you getting yours??

CarmonEileen Tue 11-Nov-14 10:46:50

Hi OP. My Ds is 14 and I am in the same boat as you.
Ds is very techy, and loves Flight sim, which he does at his Grandparents house.
He has had the driving lessons over the last 2 years for Birthday presents and really enjoyed them.
This year he is having an xbox1 with games and live, a Jack Wills hoody, scattergories board game, a watch, amazeball, daft boxers, days of the week socks grin a basket of smellies.

I find it really hard buying for him as he never asks for anything and I'm left second guessing him.
He had the VW lego camper van last year which was a real hit. I'd love to buy the London Bridge but its so expensive.

ATailofTwoKitties Tue 11-Nov-14 10:50:00

Another DS here who loved the driving lessons at that age. The other one had a trip to a London show.

Oh, and I bought the pair of them a set of inflatable boxing gloves, and they bopped each other into total hilarity.

I don't think that was what Carmon meant by daft boxers?

Theas18 Tue 11-Nov-14 10:57:23

DS did a falconry day at about 15 and loved it.

Otherwise you are sadly down to money or vouchers. Starbucks cards are loved here for gifts. itunes ( always buy with a percentage off) etc

CarmonEileen Tue 11-Nov-14 10:58:45

Haha Kitties, too funny grin
Ds would absolutely love those gloves, tho he'd probably knock ten bells out of his 7yr old sister- perhaps I could buy a pair and send them out to the garden! wink

steppemum Tue 11-Nov-14 11:02:37

can anyone link to the kids driving lesson please?

traviata Tue 11-Nov-14 11:05:27

Segway ride - vouchers on Groupon at the moment

Scooter?

Unusual sweets eg 'zombie blood' drinks, and shower gel in the same style

I got various gadgets from iwantoneofthose website - pizza cutter in the shape of a motorbike, waterproof notebook, etc.

bop-it , we also have the Tetris one.

CarmonEileen Tue 11-Nov-14 11:10:01

https://www.youngdriver.eu/ can't make it clicky on phone Steppemum but this is where DS goes

CarmonEileen Tue 11-Nov-14 11:11:23

We have an American Sweet shop nearby so will probably make a mini hamper of nerds/gobstoppers and American candy type bits too.

Erebus Tue 11-Nov-14 13:08:25

All good ideas, thanks!

Any more?

steppemum Tue 11-Nov-14 13:14:02

thanks!

Erebus Tue 11-Nov-14 13:25:00

found this- cheaper than young driver

Pantah630 Tue 11-Nov-14 13:28:41

Moleskine notebooks do limited edition ones, Simpsons, Hobbit, Lego, Little Prince, Star Wars, on amazon. Pens and pencils from Muji online. Wagamama, Forbidden Planet, iTunes, Starbucks vouchers go down well from relatives.

thekingfisher Tue 11-Nov-14 13:41:04

Thanks for this - I've just sorted DS 11 xmas pressie!

3nationsfamily Tue 11-Nov-14 14:23:47

For the 15 yr old, how about Tickets to a band or monster truck/ Top gear/ Comicon event- whatever is in your area in the next six months. Posters for their room or T shirts from favourite TV shows- in my house it was Big Bang Theory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now