Talk

Advanced search

Family Present - older kids

(5 Posts)
happyhighlander Mon 10-Nov-14 21:08:06

I want a really lovely present for my friend, DH and DCs aged 9 - 13, budget is a bit tight (£20-£30) so I figured one joint present rather than a small thing each would be nicer.

They are outdoorsy and the DCs love cooking and art/craft too.

happsymum Tue 11-Nov-14 04:23:07

hmmm... maybe tickets to a show/theatre/legoland/alton towers? look out for tokens at the back of kellogs cereal boxes and some walkers crisps - theres an offer at the back of some for buy one get one in free type deals.
or an experience day out - go ape or paintballing?
my SIL got her 3 brothers and dad a segway experience for all of them - talk about it still!

will have a think what else..

Springcleanish Tue 11-Nov-14 05:27:48

If it's £20-30 total, which is how I read it, then maybe a family board game. My kids are a similar age and love the local monopoly, cluedo, Yahtzee and those race night DVD things. They are great fun to do together.
Or a garden game, like giant Jenga.
Or a family cinema ticket would be nice too.

gildedlily Tue 11-Nov-14 12:33:24

ice cream maker. we love ours. You could throw in some sundae dishes, long spoons etc if budget allows.

Leeds2 Tue 11-Nov-14 13:18:04

A cinema night hamper, with popcorn, sweets, drinks of choice and a couple of DVDs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now