Talk

Advanced search

Help! Christmas gifts on a very tight budget

(5 Posts)
measureformeasure Mon 10-Nov-14 20:13:02

I'm expecting my first child on 1st January (not great planning I concede). So Christmas is going to be a quiet one and on a very tight budget.

We don't want to ignore Christmas and want to send gifts to family but cannot afford to do the usual individual gifts and I can't face trawling the shops. Anyone have any suggestions of small token gifts? My sister when she had her first sent handmade cards with a family photo in but as our child (probably) won't be here in time to model this isn't an option for us.

PumpkinPie2013 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:37:01

Home made biscuits or truffles? I've done these before and they went down well smile loads of good, simple recipes on line.

You could wrap them in cellophane and ribbon and they will look nice.

snice Mon 10-Nov-14 20:40:33

would it be too late to make flavoured oils for cooking? So buy big bottle of olive oil and decant into smaller bottles with garlic or chillies?

Myearhurts Mon 10-Nov-14 20:57:53

I think a bottle of wine always goes down well, if you can stretch to it. You could look for offers at the supermarkets that do delivery and get them sent home to you, so that you don't have to go round the shops.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 10-Nov-14 22:22:39

It depends on your budget, following on the ideas posted previously:

* wine - M&S have 25% off a mixed case of wine promotion atm

* biscuit tins - again M&S have an offer on selected biscuit tins & their
Italian dessert chocs for five
poundseach

* buy pillar candles & jute from the pound shop and wrap jute round candle. Finish off with a few trimmings and wrap in cellopane. Someone mentioned this in another thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now