Talk

Advanced search

Tablet recommendations

(9 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 10-Nov-14 18:14:34

Hi we were planning on getting our older two ds's a hudl1 for Christmas. They are aged 10 and 8. However, now that the hudl2 has come out the hudl1 was reduced and appears to be out of stock. I don't really want to pay £129 for the new one. I was hoping to grab a bargain. Could anyone suggest a similar tablet smile

I've got no knowledge about tablets but incase nobody answers you look on the Christmas photo thread think around page 21 they where discussing tablets

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:10:34

Thank you. I've no clue either DH suggested the hudl one as his friends at work all use them.

Oldraver Mon 10-Nov-14 20:30:35

We were looking at tablets and originally was going to go for a Kindle Fire until I learnt (from Mumsnet) something about having to get apps from Amazon... Then looked at others (mostly Samsung). A computery friend suggested a Hudle but has advised not getting the old one

TwoNoisyBoys Mon 10-Nov-14 21:17:00

I've just bought my DS1 an Acer Iconia 16gb from Argos for Christmas.....(after having one as a replacement for DS2's tablet which stopped working) DS2 loves it, it seems to do everything he wants. Looking forward to DS1 having his own now!
Can't do links as I'm on phone, but it was £89.99 down from £129.99 and comes in black, purple and yellow.

BattlestarSpectacular Mon 10-Nov-14 21:22:32

We've got a Nexus 7 and its great, think Sainsbos are selling them off cheap too at £99...we spent what was a bargainous (at the time) £159, 3 months ago .

BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:45:30

Thanks everyone I'm going to have a look smile

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 13-Nov-14 11:32:31

Just wanted to come back and say thank you. I decided to go for the acer and got ds2 and MIL one. I managed to get hold of a hudl at the bargain price of £60 using club card points for ds1 smile

mumslife Thu 13-Nov-14 13:34:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now