Talk

Advanced search

Jacket for dh? Help?

(9 Posts)
Biggamehunter Mon 10-Nov-14 16:08:14

Ds (5!) has a blue quilted jacket which dh loves and keeps saying he wants one the same.

I've been looking but I can't find anything exactly how I want it to be...ds's is navy with like cording on the shoulders and elbows.
I've found this one but dh is 40 - is he too old for it? I got ds's from sainsbury's but sadly they don't make adult size!

Also if I get it now will they still exchange after christmas if dh doesn't like it? I want my shopping done by the end of November as going back to work at the start of December and won't have much time then or be in for deliveries.

clr2014 Mon 10-Nov-14 16:50:24

He is definitely not too old for it!!

schmeegle Mon 10-Nov-14 17:18:23

That's a lovely jacket, my DH would love it!

Biggamehunter Mon 10-Nov-14 17:55:27

Perhaps I will go for it! It's very similar to ds's. except ds's was about £15 from the supermarket...

Not sure what size to get now. Think maybe XL, they probably come up smallish. Dh is 6'4"

Biggamehunter Mon 10-Nov-14 20:50:29

Or this is option 2. Same price. What do people think?!

happsymum Tue 11-Nov-14 04:29:56

i like the first suggestion too.

I got my boyfriend a very similar one from topman last year to your first pic. which i think is still in there - he loved it so much he wore it out, tears/rips, colour fading, got too small- so got exactly the same one for him and wore that one out too. think a third time getting it may be a bit much so onto other ideas this year smile

happsymum Tue 11-Nov-14 04:31:34

click the 'this is a gift' option and keep your receipt, think they'd refund you if send it back then smile asos are pretty reasonable with returns in my experience.

SugarplumKate Tue 11-Nov-14 07:50:25

There is one in the sale at Fat face www.fatface.com/icat/menslastchancesale?q=*&categories=menslastchancesale&atrattrvalue2=L&atrattrvalue2=34&atrattrvalue2=34+S&atrattrvalue2=34+R&atrattrvalue2=34+L&sort=manual&order=ascend

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 11-Nov-14 14:44:17

Barbour is a classic isn't it? dh is 46 and has a couple of Barbour's, admittedly not the quilted ones but still I thought they came under classic menswear and not fashion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now