Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas ideas for a couple

(9 Posts)
TheAuthoress Mon 10-Nov-14 10:57:17

I'm looking for inspiration for a present for my DBro and his long term girlfriend. They live together and both have good jobs so don't need much that they haven't already bought themselves. I'd like to get them a joint present - last year was vouchers for a restaurant I'd been to and really enjoyed, so don't want to do that again, but something along those lines is what I'm looking for. They are late 20's / early 30's and don't have kids.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated smile

mummylin2495 Mon 10-Nov-14 11:15:42

I have got my ds a voucher from IKEA so he and his wife can choose something for themselves.

HoHoHappyHolidays Mon 10-Nov-14 11:16:34

Home cinema hamper?

(Popcorn maker, fancy popcorn flavoured kernels, retro sweets, Selection of DVDs, soft blanket for sofa snuggling)

mummylin2495 Mon 10-Nov-14 11:17:36

And for one of my brothers a salt lamp from amazing health .co .uk. I have one and they often admire mine.

Thehedgehogsong Mon 10-Nov-14 11:21:41

Something for the kitchen/garden, depending on which way they lean? A sushi making kit, a cocktail making kit, herb pots, pepper mill, herb selection, bread baking book with a packet of yeast and bread flour, bulbs for garden?

If in doubt, booze related products, like a sampler kit of this year's top whiskeys, champagne with a new cork screw, a cocktail glass printed with a recipe and the ingredients.

If you want something completely awesome and different, zumyn do amazing canvases made up of hundreds of pictures that form one giant picture. If you can get enough pics of them together, it's a wonderful present.

Or a cozy night in kit: hot chocolate, a DVD, Doritos and dip, chocolate, cozy socks, and a warm fleece?

(Love thinking of presents for people, can you tell...!)

TheAuthoress Mon 10-Nov-14 14:21:02

Oooh some excellent ideas - thank you grin off to have a google now smile

ELR Mon 10-Nov-14 15:55:06

Tickets to walk over the O2?

TheAuthoress Wed 12-Nov-14 12:24:28

Just wanted to come back and let you all know what I've bought ( and others can get a bargain too!!) - Thorntons gift hamper - there's discount codes on today's MSE e mail so the Christmas hamper that originally cost £100 is £45 & £1 delivery with the code. You can't go wrong with chocolate! Just deciding what DVDs to buy now to pop into the hamper smile

Don't have a clue how to link on the ipad but search for moneysavingexpert and you'll find the codes grin

mummylin2495 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:09:35

Glad you managed to find something suitable, it's sometimes so hard to think of something isn't it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now