Talk

Advanced search

Personalised stocking or sack

(7 Posts)
FreeWee Sun 09-Nov-14 20:20:37

I bought a mamas and papas one last year but returned two of them due to poor quality stitching. I've looked through Not on the high street and they're lovely but eye wateringly expensive. I'd love to use an independent if it was a reasonable price. Anyone got any personal experience of good personalised stockings or sacks? Not decided yet which to get this year. Stocking is more traditional but sack more practical. Needs to be white and red as DH is not into 'the hessian sack' look! Not traditional enough apparently!

clr2014 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:33:17

You could make your own personalised stockings... i've just made for the 5 of us. You can make them as simple or as fancy as you like. Some excellent tutorials on youtube and pinterest.

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Sun 09-Nov-14 20:42:56

The best I have seen are pottery barn which maybe a consideration if you got them in the sale, even with postage they work out cheaper than some I have seen on NOTONTHE.

However I second clr, buy a nice one and personalise it yourself. I am sure iron on or simple letters....would be lovely. its what I am going to do.

CheeseEMouse Sun 09-Nov-14 20:45:16

We're getting some from etsy. Might be worth a look on there.

FreeWee Sun 09-Nov-14 20:54:34

Cheers for the replies. I am legendary in my family for having no talent whatsoever in the sewing department grin

I'd forgotten about Etsy so will take a look there. Only ever heard of Pottery Barn on Friends (apothecary table episode??) so now I know it's a real place I'll look there too. Cheers!

OhCobblers Sun 09-Nov-14 21:24:47

www.amazon.co.uk/local/National-UK/B00P2NOC0E?cid=td_&tag=ajs--21&ref_=td_&tag

These personalised sacks are lovely and a pp up thread mentioned that they are even cheaper (£7) on living social. Mine have got stockings but am tempted to get them a sack too!

FreeWee Tue 11-Nov-14 18:10:46

Thanks oh. They're a great price but DH doesn't want a real 'sack' sack. He'd rather a nice fluffy velvet red one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now