Talk

Advanced search

What can I get DH?

(61 Posts)
EElisavetaofBelsornia Sun 09-Nov-14 20:01:51

He is SO difficult to buy a present for. He is fussy about clothes (though a cashmere jumper hit gold last year), doesn't do aftershave much, doesn't drink and shouldn't eat sugar - diabetic. He likes a good read but we have just got the last two Shardlake books on kindle and as we have busy lives this will take a while. He is a keen cyclist and likes music but he introduces me to music, I wouldn't know what to get. Anyone got any ideas? Gifts that have gone down well with your difficult-to-buy-for menfolk? Thank you!

Whatevertheweather Sun 09-Nov-14 20:03:44

I'm getting my hard to buy for dp some fancy headphones and the new Neil gaiman hardback

Mrsgrumble Sun 09-Nov-14 20:06:44

That's a tough one.

Good face cream - clarins Etc

Coffee machine

Tickets to a show

Weekend away in nice hotel

StepfauxWife Sun 09-Nov-14 20:16:29

I've got a difficult DH to buy for too so watching with interest.

How about a Spotify premium subscription?

StepfauxWife Sun 09-Nov-14 20:19:25

I also bought DH a card wallet to take out when he is cycling. And a little saddle bag so he can take out his phone, keys etc.

emmelinelucas Sun 09-Nov-14 20:20:02

I have got mine

A Dads Army t shirt

Velvet loafers/slippers

A model of an enigma machine

A tiny ship in a bottle

He is doing well this year smile

agoodbook Sun 09-Nov-14 20:33:21

I have v tricky husband who has everything just about ,and a quite tricky SIL - this year am buying DH an alpaca bobble hat and a good Japanese kitchen knife ( he does like nice knives!) and best buys from last couple of years- really good leather gloves and nice leather wallet
one of my best buys from years ago was a silver engraved money clip

FriskyMare Sun 09-Nov-14 20:40:41

I have bought my cycling mad DH a new cycling jacket and a poster of all the winners of the Tour de France we both love watching the tour which I will get framed and a Coronation St jigsaw cos I went on the tour today and saw it and wanted it for me grin

RunawayReindeer Sun 09-Nov-14 20:47:28

Oooh mine is quite specific so I have new golf shoes, a golf club cover hat thing in an animal shape hmm a golf watch thing. (technical terms obvs...)
And then a big scrapbook filled from the kids with pictures, photos, drawings etc ticket stubs smile

antimatter Sun 09-Nov-14 20:51:13

newest Kindle?

MrsBungle Sun 09-Nov-14 20:55:26

I need ideas too. The only thought I've had so far is golfing lessons. Dh doesn't golf but he's mentioned wanting to give it a go! and there's a groupon deal for 60% off

RunawayReindeer Sun 09-Nov-14 20:59:52

Might be worth getting some driving range tokens if he wants to give it a go bungle golf lessons are good for perfecting swing etc but driving range is popular whatever the weather and ability ;)

MrsBungle Sun 09-Nov-14 21:02:16

Thanks runaway can you tell I'm clutching at straws?! grin

RiseAndWhine Sun 09-Nov-14 21:17:15

have a look at notonthehighstreet.com I got a few bits from there for DH, also got him a GPS watch (he is a runner) that will satisfy his techy needs. A cordless drill to satisfy his 'I am a man' needs and some books to satisfy his 'I like knowledge' need. How about a magazine subscription? I got runners world but there are lots of cycling ones - have a search online for special offers though - NEVER pay full price!

suspiciousandsad Sun 09-Nov-14 21:18:34

Bose Bluetooth travel speakers.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 09-Nov-14 21:21:33

Dvd box set?

DH loves Walking Dead so ive ordered him the Walking Dead Monopoly grin
No idea what else!

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Nov-14 21:32:19

[[

agoodbook Sun 09-Nov-14 21:32:26

Its horrible trying to think of things -my DH tends to buy himself most of the things he really wants - he's just banned from buying anything in November/December.
And then its his birthday at the beginning of February !
DD did buy him a swiss army thing that was the size and shape of a credit card which he likes

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Nov-14 21:33:15

something from Rapha - kit for the discerning cyclist.

barnet Sun 09-Nov-14 21:34:19

I second Spotify premium
And quality knife !

JoyceDivision Sun 09-Nov-14 21:36:39

I've just booked tickets for Lee Stewarts tour next year for dh's christmas present! Can't wait!

DaisyFlowerChain Sun 09-Nov-14 21:37:48

Decent headphones if he's into music. Magazine subscription? Does he have an iPad or Nexus?

Men are much harder to buy for than women, DH adds items to his Amazon wish list from September onwards to give me a clue and I add extras. Tempted by the Amazon Fire TV as a surprise.

Bowlersarm Sun 09-Nov-14 21:39:09

A go pro?

AgentProvocateur Sun 09-Nov-14 21:52:06

I'm getting myself DH a Sonos system - he listens to a lot of music. It's dear, but he's worth it.

HexBramble Sun 09-Nov-14 21:53:22

Tickets to see Spandau Ballet on tour nowt to do with me wanting to go oh no not at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now